PDA

View Full Version : Rome was unable to find direct x problem

ScamallDorcha
03-08-2013, 16:16
guys please help I recently reformated my hardrive and so I had to reinstall Rome, (and EB) I installed the direct x that the rome installer prompts you to but when I tried to run EB it said that it did not detect direct x 9 and it crashes, so I installed direct x 9 again and it still doesn´t work, it says the same thing, I didn´t find any thread that talked about this and I really want to play EB.

Brandy Blue
03-09-2013, 04:33
When you reformatted your hardrive, I assume you reinstalled your operating system, or your computer would not work at all. If your operating system came with a version of direct X which is newer than the X9 that RTW came with, then you tried to install an older version over a newer version, which could cause trouble. Another possibility is that there was something screwy with your disk, like a scratch or dirt, which made the installation go wrong.

This is what I suggest you do. Go on line and install the newest version of direct X you can find (11?) Hopefully that should repair your problem, whatever caused it. If that fails, I guess you could reinstall your OS all over again and this time choose not to install direct X from the RTW installer. Good luck.

ScamallDorcha
03-09-2013, 22:38
When you reformatted your hardrive, I assume you reinstalled your operating system, or your computer would not work at all. If your operating system came with a version of direct X which is newer than the X9 that RTW came with, then you tried to install an older version over a newer version, which could cause trouble. Another possibility is that there was something screwy with your disk, like a scratch or dirt, which made the installation go wrong.

This is what I suggest you do. Go on line and install the newest version of direct X you can find (11?) Hopefully that should repair your problem, whatever caused it. If that fails, I guess you could reinstall your OS all over again and this time choose not to install direct X from the RTW installer. Good luck.

I tried installing both direct x 10 and 11, and it still said that i´ve got a newer or equivalent version, I can do various things like watch videos and play plants vs zombies, but if I try to run something like an MMO it says that my pc can´t do 3d but i know it can because it used to; I think that I´m going to try to uninstall the direct x version that I have and install dx 11, after that update my pc properly because I still have to do that.87338734

ScamallDorcha
03-10-2013, 08:53
I solved it, I just needed to update my drivers, thanks Brandy blue for trying to help and sorry for wasting your time.

Brandy Blue
03-12-2013, 01:08
Drivers. I should have thought of that. :laugh4: