View Full Version : Rally Point - Episode 14: Battlefield AI Special

Barkhorn1x
07-02-2013, 17:47
Brand new:

http://youtu.be/rWwr1D84VEM

...discuss.

The Outsider
07-02-2013, 18:50
Thanks for sharing mate. I hope that the game will be open for modding as it was hinted.

quadalpha
07-03-2013, 04:44
I'm just not very excited about urban battles. They seem kind of silly. When have battlefield units ever been fielded within cities in the same order as if they were being deployed outside? I can't think of any examples.

Re: video. Thankfully it has someone talking vaguely intelligently for most of the time. Do those two presenters do anything else at CA?

Barkhorn1x
07-03-2013, 12:33
Do those two presenters do anything else at CA?

If their presentation skills are anything to go by I hope not! :shame:

hoom
07-03-2013, 15:45
I like that AI guy.

A bunch of what he says is very promising.
However, a bunch of it is kinda similar to stuff they have said about every TW game since Shogun1 but never seems to actually arrive in the released game.

dge1
07-04-2013, 02:43
A bunch of what he says is very promising.
However, a bunch of it is kinda similar to stuff they have said about every TW game since Shogun1 but never seems to actually arrive in the released game.

Completely agree. We've heard a lot of it before. Problem is the game sounds as if it is going to be a lot more complicated that previous titles. They are going to have to really work at it to gain any ground.

Kadagar_AV
07-14-2013, 13:07
This makes me skeptical...

They talk about stuff they never managed before, without explaining why they will succeed this time... And they talk about new stuff that, looking at how well new things worked for them in the past - won't work very well.

Uh... I put my money on the game needing at least 6 months after release to be playable, and one year or so until it's enjoyable.

STOP RELEASING ALPHA'S CA!!!

quadalpha
07-14-2013, 17:41
I think they're being too ambitious. They want an AI that can handle more or less everything without scripting, but what's the point of that except for bragging rights? A TW battle is really not that many possibilities and it would be much better to use a large number of scripted behaviours that are at least effective in most situations. Then you can have also have a bit of faction flavour. People don't play against the battle AI for tactical challenge or to see innovative moves anyway.

Barkhorn1x
07-14-2013, 18:22
I think they're being too ambitious. They want an AI that can handle more or less everything without scripting, but what's the point of that except for bragging rights? A TW battle is really not that many possibilities and it would be much better to use a large number of scripted behaviours that are at least effective in most situations. Then you can have also have a bit of faction flavour. People don't play against the battle AI for tactical challenge or to see innovative moves anyway.

+1..............................