PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Map Question

knoddy
07-19-2013, 03:27
Hi All,

Dont know if this has been discussed or what but I'm curious as to what happens if a 2 different factions control provinces in the same region.

My understanding is that a region consists of 3-4 provinces, each region has 1 city, which anything built etc, effects the whole region. So what happens if the player controls the City but an enemy owns the whole rest of the region? If you build a building that increases tax revenue does it effect their part of the region?

We can see on the interactive camp map, Hellas is split between Sparta, and Athens. presumably the capital Athenai is under Athens control. So what happens if they build something?

I could be completely misunderstanding the system and how it works but can anyone clear it up?

Cheers Stephen

Lemur
07-19-2013, 05:45
Eh, as best I understand it, by controlling all of the provinces in a region you get bonuses and buffs, and can do a broader level of administration.

So if two factions control elements of a region ... neither gets the buffs.

No idea how building slots in non-capitol provinces works.

Lemur
07-19-2013, 15:55
No time to watch this, due to a silly thing called "work," but this video is supposed to go into greater depth about the campaign map:

http://youtu.be/BMVB2UYs9ys

Barkhorn1x
07-19-2013, 17:51
Good info and I liked (most) of what I saw w/ the Seubi on the Campaign map.

Dislikes - yes the unit cards again - and the Germanic cards are even more horrible than they were for the Romans and Gyppos.
Will - that guy is way too hyper active for my tastes.

quadalpha
07-19-2013, 17:52
No new gameplay details. Some cool city expansion animations, and I really like the strategic overview. The Suebi also use Mycenaean artwork for their unit cards apparently. Only one ignorant oaf presenting instead of the usual two.

Edit: Barkhorn, stop reading my mind.

The Outsider
07-19-2013, 22:03
In the case of rome i liked the unit cards but i would have preffered to see fidderent variation between cultures. But the main thing i like is that the campaign map seems to reflect different areas quite well, i will enjoy it.

knoddy
07-19-2013, 23:32
I had just watched this video this morning.

From looking at the video I am now wondering if those other provinces inside his starting region are like pseudo settlements. they can be developed but maybe not as much as the capital.

I guess my confusion comes from the fact that I thought the whole idea of Regions containing multiple provinces was to reduce the amount of siege battles and make the campaign map smaller and larger at the same time (if that makes sense). If those other provinces inside regions are develop-able and siege-able, then that kinda defeats the purpose I think.

I dunno maybe I have the whole concept wrong and confused lol. I guess all we can do is wait for more spoilers or the actual game to be released before we find out!

Knoddy

quadalpha
07-20-2013, 05:13
I think they've said that only provincial capitals are siege-able. I imagine the others might be more similar to towns in ETW.

Lemur
07-20-2013, 07:58
I think they've said that only provincial capitals are siege-able. I imagine the others might be more similar to towns in ETW.
Which raises the question of order and garrisons.

We shall see, eh?

Philadelphos
07-20-2013, 17:46
I'm not impressed by that city expansion thing and the unit cards are horrible.
The campaign map appears quite playful, but from a strategic point of view extremely poor of options.
What I liked most was the short glimpse of the marching armies.

This confirms that what I thought: Improvements ars concentrated on battle animation, while the strategic gameplay is reduced compared to previous editions. I've seen several other computer games follow a similar decline path.

Philadelphos
07-25-2013, 18:13
To bridge the wait for the new game you might want to experience a new RTW mod with a decent map and unprecedented historic detail.

Download Rome Total History 1.1 here: http://dfiles.eu/files/ky5sqwbf4

You get a completely reworked campaign map, 20 complex factions with lots of new challenges, dozens of new buildings, hundreds of new units and more than 900 historic characters. I guarantee weeks of intense playing fun.

Here is some screenshot of Greece and Southern Italy in detail: