PDA

View Full Version : Adam was the first pope?

Brandy Blue
07-19-2013, 08:51

Boy, this game gets better and better. The pope offers his daughter in marriage (ahem, no doubt he was married and widowed before he became a priest), and the pope's name is pretty good too.

Princess Flora doesn't look too happy with the arrangement, either.

Well, obviously I said yes. He might have excommunicated me if I didn't.

Nagnar
07-19-2013, 10:07
Lol why does it think Sicily is the papal states?

caravel
07-19-2013, 16:06
It's a combination of two age old bugs. I used to fix these as a matter of course, can't remember exactly how, perhaps search the forum or see if one of the active modders has a clue.

The first problem is the Sicilian christian names getting mixed up with the Scots ones. The second problem is a relic in one of the translation files which should have been removed (another one which appears is "of golden khanate" if I recall correctly. It's also quite easily fixed. (None of those labels are used anywhere else in the game except marriage proposals.)

Brandy Blue
07-20-2013, 00:26
Thanks for the advice, Asai, but I think this is better left unfixed. If I'm really lucky it might happen again. :laugh4:

Gilrandir
07-20-2013, 17:33
The first problem is the Sicilian christian names getting mixed up with the Scots ones.
This one I could never comprehend in a (pretty much) historic game. The annals say that the majority of Sicilian kings were either Normans or Germans. Can anyone unravel the mystery? Or is it a private secret of the TW creators?
P.S. Welcome back, Asai!:yes: Stay tuned (at least mobilely).

drone
07-20-2013, 19:09
It's a combination of two age old bugs. I used to fix these as a matter of course, can't remember exactly how, perhaps search the forum or see if one of the active modders has a clue.

Found it:
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?33886-Sicilian-bugs

Good to hear from you again. :bow:

LordK9
07-21-2013, 02:39
At some point, the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies became Spanish but I don't know when - maybe later then the game time frame. I think bug is the key word. Also, I think the Norman ruling families were displaced by the start of the high period (something about that in the intro paragraphs of the high period.

caravel
07-21-2013, 16:22
Nice to see you drone and Gilrandir... :bow:

(I'm not posting mobilely, but for some reason that always appears when I use a proxy (from work) and my computer at home shows up the same).

The sicilian names is definitely a bug, I fixed it in my old mod about 6 years ago. It's a known problem, but I suppose most people live with it. It used to 'bug' me enough that I would fix it.

The marriage proposals thing can be fixed in certain loc file under a section called "clan districts". Just replace that section with the standard faction names and it should be resolved.