PDA

View Full Version : to many name\'s for one man

ShadowKill
11-21-2000, 10:39
I think we have a proble here and it has gotten out of hand why do people have 30 diffrent names. THIS HAS GOT TO STOP. I myself have been a culprit of this as well but we need a way to delete old names. I think i have 5 i don't want them anymore. and also i think that with all the names registered that that is making the "MAKERS" of this game feel there are more people playing then there really are i made a clan the day this game came out and i have 5 or 6 people in the clan that have never even once played i think they need a way to get rid of these name that are not used the people that made them have forgoten about them.

------------------
Fear not the sword to your front, but the blade at your back.

Widda
11-21-2000, 10:54
Yep, I have posted like minded thoughts both here and the official forum to no avail, thus far. Perhaps if enough of us whinge together and loud enough at the right time with the wrong harmony, we might annoy some insect, I don't, even for one second, believe anything will come of it. .
http://cgi.tripod.com/smilecwm/cgi-bin/s/net4/splat.gif
A lot of our grievances can be soothed simply by allowing users to a. Edit there characters name and b. Allow users to transfer characters from clan to clan.

Just these two simple tools would stop a lot of characters from being left behind as clans fold or allegiance change or simple human error in creating said characters.

[This message has been edited by Widda (edited 11-21-2000).]

solypsist
11-21-2000, 11:04
Hmmm...if what you mean is an all-out purge of the hard drive then that would mean starting over for everyone - including yourselves.
People can have as many as they want, although it is annoying when someone you've never seen before blindsides you with bad language etc. and you have no idea what they're talking about only to find out you really creamed them whilst they were under a different name.
But for now, I can't imagine all thse names are much of problem insofar as gameplay is concerned so rather than have to deal with some screwy system of submitting an online form asking to have certain names removed (the chance for error is pretty good there) or a clean sweep, it doesn't bother me.

The Black Ship
11-21-2000, 18:30
Well we took the time to register, why can't they take the time to purge unused player names? They have our e-addies after all! You'd think they'd want to stream-line their records...unless they're using these numbers to inflate the succeess of Shogun to the media>:

Yabusama
11-22-2000, 06:25
Excuse me if I'm talking rubbish here, but it seems it would of been very easy to have restricted players to one on-line name.

If I remember correctly, when you register to play online with the EA server you have to input your CD key number (it actually fills in automatically). So when you log on your CD key is logged with your name. Try and log on with a different name with the same CD key and it chucks you out. If you have legitimately changed your name for some reason then you should be able to change via an email or some such method.

Just my thoughts...