PDA

View Full Version : RTW2 Demo ???

ShadesWolf
08-26-2013, 09:29
Has anybody heard anything about a demo being released for this?

In the past CA has always released a game demo a few weeks prior to the game, but for this one i've heard nothing?

BroskiDerpman
08-26-2013, 12:03
Nope no demo, they wasted their time and budget going to all these events and showcasing Rome 2 to a select few when a demo could've been made and released to the public.

Barkhorn1x
08-26-2013, 14:25
Nope no demo, they wasted their time and budget going to all these events and showcasing Rome 2 to a select few when a demo could've been made and released to the public.

Well one could look at it that way. Another way to look at it is that the code is complex and a demo release would need to be of a huge size and that would just upset folks so why bother?

End result = No demo.

Lemur
08-26-2013, 15:39
A released-to-public demo requires non-trivial resources. CA chose to spend those resources on other things (http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War:_Rome_II_-_Seleucid_Faction).

I don't see much reason for being irate about it.

Vuk
08-26-2013, 19:32
And best of all, now you will not realize that this is just a clone of SII in a different setting till after you buy it!

BroskiDerpman
08-26-2013, 19:57
And best of all, now you will not realize that this is just a clone of SII in a different setting till after you buy it!

I thought I was the only one who thought of this at first...

Seleucids? Look how the TW units were made: They all look the same with some swapping of models and texture making it 700 clone units.

All they need to do is swap the color (S2tw avatar conquest unit editing) and then add some Seleucid gimmicks. Done.

Those are my thoughts as of now... ;)

rickinator9
08-27-2013, 01:38
I want to have that MIITW technology back where a soldier could look different from the other soldiers.

Hooahguy
08-27-2013, 02:26
I want to have that MIITW technology back where a soldier could look different from the other soldiers.

Looking at screenshots it looks like there are varied soldiers in a unit.

BroskiDerpman
08-27-2013, 02:26
They are different, it's just the difference compared to Med 2 is quite subtle.

Napoleon had different versions of the same derp face plus some uniform differences in the French 1798 units.

Shogun 2 had equipment differences though mods bring more unit equipment diversity.

I got to be honest that facial animations instead of unique weapons animations is quite sad... Never really noticed the mo-cap novelty before, adding small facial animations that "show the faces of war" is quite absurd.

Why waste time to stare at faces growling when you can curb stomp the ai again eh?

hehehe