PDA

View Full Version : Some questions for those who have gotten a chance to give it a whirl

Vuk
09-02-2013, 15:04
Thought it would be a good idea to have a thread for people who are holding off on buying to ask those who have bought it and played it.

They claim that it is very moddable, what are you first impressions as far as that is concerned?

How is the AI?

Is it very bugged or mostly bug free?

Could someone post some pictures or footage of Parthian troops in action? :beam:

Lemur
09-02-2013, 15:06
It's going to be a little over a half-day before the global unlock. When that happens I expect we'll start to see a number of first impressions threads popping up.

I also expect there will be a supernova-level explosion of YouTube in-game footage hitting ...

BroskiDerpman
09-02-2013, 15:07
Ai is most likely like Shogun 2 from watching Prince of Macedon's videos, (That dude lives 2hr away from me...) most likely buggy as Shogun. (Shogun 2 was buggy as heck and multiplayer is a mess)

Parthians need their pink pajamas back: Rule of kewl. Though Parthian footage is needed, I want to know if my cav heavy armies will work...

Vuk
09-02-2013, 15:10
Lemur, yeah, I know, but I thought it would be a good idea to get some questions up so people interested in sharing info would have an idea of what people are looking for.

I thought it was really strange that we have seen nothing about the Parthians, so I am hoping they didn't mess them up from last time. The one screen shot they did show was pretty good though.

BroskiDerpman
09-02-2013, 15:13
That shows the amount of effort put into the Parthians.

Even the Iceni got more footage. XD That makes me quite disappointed...

johnhughthom
09-03-2013, 09:12
I'm considering AARing my Parthia campaign. Just back from a night shift, and the unpacking of compressed files appears to be taking longer than downloading the whole thing from scratch would take... So might be a while before it's up.

The Blind King of Bohemia
09-03-2013, 13:36
Came this morning, its installed but something is being downloaded from Steam which seems to have an hour left (already been doing it for 45 mins) have no idea what the hell it is. You will have to forgive me when it comes to Steam as I can't really make head nor tail of it and I can't really stand it if I'm honest.

Hooahguy
09-03-2013, 14:04
So I played a tiny bit this morning before class. Graphics seem to be great once I switched it from using my integrated card to my dedicated, much better, graphics card. I wish the UI was a bit smaller, Id like to have it expanded and be able to see more than 2/3 of the screen while playing.

Other than that, no complaints, at least not yet. People are complaining of the color filter, but I dont mind it, it gives everything a nice atmosphere Id say.

B-Wing
09-03-2013, 18:06
Came this morning, its installed but something is being downloaded from Steam which seems to have an hour left (already been doing it for 45 mins) have no idea what the hell it is.

Yeah, I had the same experience this morning. Fortunately, the update took way less time than estimated (I think the actual time was around 30 minutes; estimated over 2 hours). JHT had a similar experience, so hopefully your update time will be much shorter than advertised. :2thumbsup:

Beskar
09-03-2013, 21:34
Didn't have update issues, but I ran into a game breaking bug already. My navy and army are stuck off the coast of Corsica with the error message "we cannot move there" in whatever direction I click at. Sort of ruined a big naval invasion.

The error got fixed when I deleted my navy so I could save my army. Really.. they split ontop of eachother and they prevented eachother from moving.