PDA

View Full Version : Civil War (not Rome)

VersusAllOdds
09-17-2013, 19:23
Playing as Macedon, I am now at the Imperium level that allows me 4 edicts, hence the last one. When I mouse-over my Imperium bar, it states that civil war is brewing.

I have 59% support of nobles and 5/8 of my generals are from my family.

Can anyone tell me what to expect, or if to expect anything, and how to prepare for the great civil war, which is the only thing that can threaten me?

Thanks!

Hooahguy
09-17-2013, 19:44
Playing as Macedon, I am now at the Imperium level that allows me 4 edicts, hence the last one. When I mouse-over my Imperium bar, it states that civil war is brewing.

I have 59% support of nobles and 5/8 of my generals are from my family.

Can anyone tell me what to expect, or if to expect anything, and how to prepare for the great civil war, which is the only thing that can threaten me?

Thanks!

I think you should start preparing. As I remember, one of the possible triggers is getting to the highest imperium. At least it can happen only once!

Bramborough
09-17-2013, 20:11
An abbreviated (and somewhat modified based on some more recent knowledge) version of some points posted in the Rome CW thread:

- Try to wrap up any major wars in which you're currently involved, so that you can focus on the CW.
- Bring some of your armies home, just so they're in a central location and can respond to the rebels.
- Ensure these armies are led by your own generals.
- Looks like you're going to trigger a "High Influence" CW, so expect the rebels to spawn in any region other than your capital.
- Remove agents from armies NOT led by your own family generals (still not 100% clear exactly how the mechanics remove agents from under your control...might just be random).
- Expect 5-6 rebel army stacks to spawn. If coastal region, also 4 fleet stacks. Each stack will be roughly 12 units, and will closely reflect the composition of your own armies (not necessarily the highest tech units to which you have access, if you haven't actually recruited them into your armies yet).
- You shouldn't lose control of any of your armies/fleets, even if they're located in the rebelling region. You will lose, however, all generals from other families, who will cross over and command the newly spawned rebel stacks. You will probably also lose some of your agents (no clear pattern yet established, as far as I know, on which agents and why).
- Rebel Campaign AI seems to be fairly aggressive; they won't just sit. Expect them to move toward and attempt capture of your nearest settlements, moving (roughly) in direction of your capital. At least first couple of turns, this campaign AI will tend to keep rebel army stacks close enough to reinforce each other.
- Battle AI nothing special, no different from other factions. Capable of (very) occasional competence, but usually fairly stupid. Keep in mind, however, the troop tech/composition is quite close to your own, you will not possess a significant quality or asymmetric edge over them.

By the way...I had been thinking that 4th was highest Imperium level as well. It turns out, however, that when the Imperium bar completely fills up, there is indeed a 5th Imp level. 15 armies, 10 fleets, 5 edicts, 5 of each agent type. I hit it a few turns ago, surprised me a bit.

VersusAllOdds
09-17-2013, 21:02
Thanks a lot, Bramborough!

So, let's clear this out:

-I won't lose any of my armies. I may lose agents, I may lose generals, but not armies (and fleets)?
-Does my noble support affect anything ever in the world, or to be straight to the point, does it help me before or during the civil war?

Those bile-eating rebels are gonna be in for a nasty surprise when all of my corps' are back home, 12 stacks of 20 golden experienced troops. The fools...

Once I'm done, Brazen Bull's gonna be a vacation for them :whip:

phred
09-17-2013, 22:05
Are you playing on normal? - higher difficulties may have more armies spawn (still not sure, though).

Bramborough
09-18-2013, 02:26
So, let's clear this out:

-I won't lose any of my armies. I may lose agents, I may lose generals, but not armies (and fleets)?
-Does my noble support affect anything ever in the world, or to be straight to the point, does it help me before or during the civil war?

1. Correct. Although I'd modify to state, "WILL" lose agents & generals (unless you're fortunate enough to be able to put all of your armies under own-family generals.
2. Your noble support is basically a major factor in whether the CW occurs or not. Too high, and your political opponents rebel, too low and they declare YOU a rebel (and then their forces spawn in your capital). These thresholds vary, as your noble support interacts with gravitas, ambition, and Imperium level to determine if CW occurs. Once CW starts, yeah, noble support is pretty much meaningless (including after the war, when internal politics basically ends).

Are you playing on normal? - higher difficulties may have more armies spawn (still not sure, though).

Still a very small sample, so not necessarily conclusive, but the only screenies or descriptions I've seen/read of a rebel army larger than 6 stacks came from players using the Radious mod.

Has anyone out there seen a CW with more than 6army/4fleet rebel spawn in un-modded game?