PDA

View Full Version : If i play Third Age will i become one of those nerds?

The Black Douglas
01-03-2014, 11:09
Having only a passing interest in LOTR I am a little concerned that I may develop full nerd tendancies if I play Third Age.
I have found myself returning to the LOTR books and studying maps to familiarise myself with the history/background of all the factions and territories.
I am worried that I may start collecting LOTR action figures, chess sets, fake hairy feet etc, or wearing t-shirts and getting all middle-earth gothic.

best mod i've ever seen - its a real knicker wetter!

chamone!

Myth
01-07-2014, 16:53
Hi The Black Douglas! Welcome!

The TATW mod is one of the best mods for ANY game EVER. Not just M2TW. It has such high production value that it is actually better than most LOTR strategy games that have been developed by actual game studios. Asking if you would go full nerd from playing it is (I assume) a joke, as you already feel the power of the One Ring tugging away at your soul. You have already let the Great Nerd inside your heart.

The Black Douglas
01-07-2014, 18:12
it really is a real knicker-wetter. i've only just started my first campaign and learning the ropes.
it really was a rhetorical question because as i said i have been studying the old maps already in detail & i have started to flick through the old books again.
the most impressive mod i've ever seen, and the only LOTR game i have ever been interested in.

phonicsmonkey
01-16-2014, 13:33
Maybe I need to finally give it a try..l always passed it over because I didn't want to become one of those nerds! :laugh4: