PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember?

Zacharat Hennataga
11-12-2002, 04:57
I remeber when this game was just in the devloping stages and EA had annonced somewhere that it would be realsing "new units" that you could put in the gam eby downlading off the internet, and so far i havent seen any new units except a serbian hussar, mabye im speaking to early and theregonan make an expasion with new units, but if there gonna do that, they had better add alot of new units, cause i can think of quite a few examples
War Elephents(the persians still used them, even against salumean the great)
Cataprachts(there is a diffrence between these guys and there cousins the kataphraktoi)
Swiss Guard
Reiters or "Conqustadors"
this is kind of expanding it to far but Legionares, byzantie used these guys into the 800s
plus there should be MANY more factions, ex Venitains, Hungairains, Bulgarians, Arabs, Sassinaids, Khwarziam, there could literally be hundreds of diffrent "rebel" factions, just cause theres nly so many provences on the map, doenst mean that only 1 rebel group shoud be aloud to rebel from there, for emaple Germany, it was once over 1000 independt states, italy had its share along with switerland and russia and east europe and the middle east, alont with eacxh faction even uf justa rebel group shoudl ahve a unigue unit mabye just the standard mltia or peasent gruop, but they shoudl each have a unigue llok diffreent from everyone else, justa thoguht to show just how truly diverse europe really was

Brown Wolf
11-12-2002, 05:02
I don't remember hearing about downloading new units. But it sounds like a good idea. Though it could hurt mp (not everyone would have the same units available) and since EA did not create the game, Activision may not have the license to do it.

solypsist
11-12-2002, 05:31
You mean you can download a new unit, right now?
I beter go look....

Brown Wolf
11-12-2002, 05:40
Well if you can let me know (and get that icon to stop blinking at me http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/eek.gif )

sbreden
11-12-2002, 07:21
Yes downloadable units would be very, very sweet. Talk about unlimited replayability

YunDog
11-12-2002, 08:45
Phhhhhewwww

It reeks in here

hrvojej
11-12-2002, 09:37
Don't you just love those extremely constructive comments people post in discussions they have absolutely no interest in?

On topic, I am always for variety, though I've never heard that we're going to get downloadable units as in TA. Furthermore, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the Serbian hussar unit was made by the guys from the mod forum, not CA?

EuroLord
11-12-2002, 10:31
Hi all,

Serbian Hussar? Where do you find this new unit?

EuroLord

Fearless
11-12-2002, 10:59
I thought I read that you can't add units only replace existing