PDA

View Full Version : Can governor be replaced?

LadyAnn
11-20-2002, 04:16
I don't know how to strip title off a governor but using the following tactics:
1. send him to battle, he may die;
2. disband the unit.
3. Sending assassin to kill him.

Because of #2 above, I wouldn't appoint only cheap units (less than $150 to produce and less than $30 to maintain) that has accumen of 4 or above, so that I can disband that unit when a good governor is produced.

Any idea?

Annie

solypsist
11-20-2002, 04:26
You can also
4. Try him for heresy
5. Frame him for treason.

This gets rid of the guy but leaves the rest of the unit.

Try a campaing with the Auto-Governor option on. I'm playing a game right now with it, and so far it hasn't let me down; all excellent selections.

Al Qasim Hussein
11-20-2002, 04:57
Um, can't you just drop an emissary on him and strip him of his titles? It usually doesn't carry that much of a loyalty hit with it, despite what the message that pops up claims

Hosakawa Tito
11-20-2002, 05:11
You need to use a spy, not an emissary, to strip a governor/general of his titles.

ShaiHulud
11-20-2002, 05:34
Hosokawa... not so, my friend. An emissary can strip titles.
A spy will ask if you wish to attempt to frame him for treason, yes? (How ya been?)

Hosakawa Tito
11-20-2002, 05:52
Well hush my mouth http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/redface.gif I never knew that. Probably because most of my emissaries don't live long enough to have tried it. I've been well Shai, glad to see you here. How are things in Hawaii? We've had our first snow already, kinda makes me wish I was in Hawaii too http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/joker.gif

ShaiHulud
11-20-2002, 06:03
You should've been here today.... 75 degrees, bright sun...the kind you see in the brochures..hehe.

I played a game as the Danes and neglected to get into the spy/assassin biz. The buggers were slaughtering my provincial governors and emissaries, bishops, generals....bah Never again