PDA

View Full Version : BSOD when storming walls

Jikot
08-26-2014, 15:41
My computer just crashed while I was attacking a city with wooden walls using two siege towers.

Blue screen said "driver IRQL not less or equal".

This is Win7.

bovi
08-26-2014, 17:40
That's your display drivers going wonky - or worse, your actual display card may be failing. It should not repeat itself if you try again. You should check if there is an update available for the drivers.

Jikot
08-26-2014, 19:19
Thanks for the reply.

I just updated the drivers, and the card is pretty new (R9 280x) and hasn't given me any trouble yet.

I'll try to replicate next time I play, I'll post it here.

Been playing a few battles now without any problems.

Also: not sure if this is a full-on bug, but the adviser's advice is only visible for a fraction of a second when you click him.

Ashurbanipal
08-26-2014, 23:48
Also: not sure if this is a full-on bug, but the adviser's advice is only visible for a fraction of a second when you click him.

You just need to toggle him off speech only (the button in between 'show me how' and 'dismiss advice'). That should fix it for you ~:)

Jikot
08-29-2014, 13:40
Game crashed again during a city battle.

The enemy was sallying against me, and I had the enemy trapped in this endless loop of routing (one by one the units would come close, rout, return to town centre, repeat).

Then the game froze and I had to shut it down.

I have almost all video settings for the battles set to lowest.

(I haven't had the time to replicate the siege tower crash yet)

Jikot
09-04-2014, 14:19
Crashed again during a city battle.

bovi
09-08-2014, 13:58
The only time I got anything like that in games, was when I had a faulty display card. If you have another computer, you could borrow the display card from that and see if it makes any difference. If it does, consider buying another display card.

Assuming it's a desktop computer, of course. I don't think it's very easy to switch out the display card in a laptop.