PDA

View Full Version : 'ERROR: Cannot find the M2TW executable.'

Mouthwash1
08-26-2014, 22:29
It claims that I haven't installed EBII in a "folder containing a M2TW" installation. I put it in C:/Program Files (x86)/Medieval II Total War/mods. Is this the wrong area? I've tried every way to play it, but it gives me some variation of this message.

Fluvius Camillus
08-26-2014, 22:31
It claims that I haven't installed EBII in a "folder containing a M2TW" installation. I put it in C:/Program Files (x86)/Medieval II Total War/mods. Is this the wrong area? I've tried every way to play it, but it gives me some variation of this message.

Greetings,

The correct folder is C:/Program Files (x86)/Medieval II Total War (not mods).

After that run it using the Kingdoms disc.

~Fluvius

Mouthwash1
08-27-2014, 02:00
Greetings,

The correct folder is C:/Program Files (x86)/Medieval II Total War (not mods).

After that run it using the Kingdoms disc.

~Fluvius

OK, I reinstalled it properly. It gave me a popup saying 'shared.txt:{gerr_generic}' and refused to open.

bovi
08-27-2014, 10:13
Here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?147933-Problems-getting-the-mod-installed-or-running-Try-these-things-before-posting%21).

Mouthwash1
08-28-2014, 22:35
Here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?147933-Problems-getting-the-mod-installed-or-running-Try-these-things-before-posting%21).

Tried everything. Reinstalled and then used the fix, too. Same result no matter what.

bovi
08-28-2014, 22:41
Then I'm afraid we're out of solutions, until we can release a new version where this string thing is fixed.

Mouthwash1
08-29-2014, 05:32
Then I'm afraid we're out of solutions, until we can release a new version where this string thing is fixed.

String thing?

bovi
08-29-2014, 08:58
String thing = "shared.txt:{gerr_generic}". What is happening is that we've supplied binary files to the game, which it should be using directly, but for some reason the game decides to try to convert the regular text files into binary files - on some computers. As we don't have those text files (but rather XML files), it fails to do that conversion and then won't start.