PDA

View Full Version : Bug Fixing And Technical Issues

lionhard
09-11-2014, 22:54
Hey all, i hope we are all well and good, i downloaded the installer a few days ago, im running the disc installation version. I had a few issues the game wouldnt run firstly so i read the topic which explains and trys to rectify a lot of bugs before you post your issues. I got the game running by downloading a link but its still very buggy and 1 problem im having is the writing in the game has all kinds of scripts and additional text next to it so nothing is easy to read. The game crashes often and generally feels slow.

I dont understand why theirs all kinds of bug fixing links in random topics on the forums that refer to different problems people may be having, couldn't all these bug fixing scripts have been added to the main installer? to save us having to farce around surely this is adding to the pile up of feedback issues and therefor will slow down the next phase of smoothing the game out. I just feel a bit annoyed that im having to constantly fix little bugs by searching out topics with download links that refer to different problems people are having, the problems are not exactly small when its related to simply getting the game to run. Its really killing the game for me after waiting all these years for the game to be released the experience is really dulled by the fact i cant make a single move without fearing what error im going to get next.

Can some 1 throw up a proper topic with step by step instructions to what links we need to download to get the game to run as well as it can in its current state. Iv seen topics with download links to improve Battle AI surely this is also essential.

Thanks so much. I know the team wants some feedback and i tried to give some regarding problems im having regarding the technical side of things, i remember with EB1 their were extra links to get it to run smoother, i honestly cant understand why everything cant be included in the main installer, for people like me who are not so computer literate its easier said than done having to download numerous files, upzip them into correct locations. Im just a regular guy and just reading how to do some of this stuff loses me, a lot of the time instructions are not clear, im sure theirs many more people out their who struggle with this. surely making it all as easy as possible will restrict the feedback issues to yourselves therefor giving you more breathing space to continue doing what you need to do to improve the game.

Cheers lionhard

Ludens
09-12-2014, 10:20
I dont understand why theirs all kinds of bug fixing links in random topics on the forums that refer to different problems people may be having, couldn't all these bug fixing scripts have been added to the main installer? to save us having to farce around surely this is adding to the pile up of feedback issues and therefor will slow down the next phase of smoothing the game out.

Hello lionhard, welcome back ~:wave: . Your request is fair, but I'm afraid you don't understand just how much work it is to assemble an installer for something as large as EB2. It's not feasible to do so for every bug that is found. Assembling one major patch or new release takes far less development time than creating many small ones.

It's only been three weeks since EB2 was released: the team is probably trying to identify and fix as many major issues as possible for the next release. Until then, we'll just have to be patient.

Can some 1 throw up a proper topic with step by step instructions to what links we need to download to get the game to run as well as it can in its current state.

A "installation & fix" topic would be appreciated, but again, the mod has only been out for three weeks. The team is probably still sorting these things out.

bovi
09-12-2014, 16:34
It's your lucky day. New release coming today, doing pretty much what you requested.

Ludens is however right, making a new installer for every bug we fix is completely impossible.

The installation and fix post is there already, a sticky even. It has been updated with solutions to critical installation problems as they came along. Anything non-gamebreaking would only be clutter there.

lionhard
09-12-2014, 19:12
You have a fair point ludens, i was a probably a little hasty with some points, i have waited for EB 2 since it was announced all those years ago, now its finally here, i cant wait for the bugs to be steam rolled out so we can enjoy the glorious game we have all long awaited. Great work guys hope you are both well my old friends.

lionhard