PDA

View Full Version : TW: Warhammer is $12 right now.

Veho Nex
02-03-2017, 19:13
Hey Guys,

Humble monthly has TW: Warhammer as their first game of the month. It's currently $12 to sign up for it and you can unsubscribe after getting it.

Humble Monthly (https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly)

Vuk
02-04-2017, 02:37
Well, I was never planning on buying it, but at this price I might as well...

edyzmedieval
02-18-2017, 15:29
Still available if you want it. :yes:

Hooahguy
02-24-2017, 04:29
Just picked it up! Looking for an easy nation to start my first game with, as I know nothing about Warhammer. Ideas?

Gregoshi
02-24-2017, 16:24
I started with the Dwarves, but I'm a noob at this.

Hooahguy
02-24-2017, 22:45
Runs a tad sluggishly on medium on my almost 2 year old laptop. Maybe Ill have to wait a while longer until I can afford a new system to really enjoy this.

Philippus Flavius Homovallumus
02-25-2017, 04:34
I would start with the Empire as it gives you lots of options.

A couple of points though -

1. Only about 50-60% of your army should be "normal" units. The rest should be special artillery, or wizards, or elite Knights. The AI WILL throw stacks at you with 50% elite units or six heroes.

2. As the campaign progresses you want to shift to having a front-line that's more and more halberdiers, with just a few units of shielded spearmen or swordmen depending on who you're fighting.

3. Heroes are a big deal, especially if you want to kill the enemy general, and you REALLY do.

4. Cannons, lots of cannons.

Edit:

Brettonia is coming at the end of the month. They might actually be the best starting faction for people coming from another TW game as they mostly employ the traditional "hammer and anvil" of the medieval period as opposed to the more mixed "30 years war" style of the Empire.