PDA

View Full Version : Game seems to ignore ebii.cfg on my setup

aaronp
04-04-2017, 01:50
So I just installed EBII my Windows 10 partition, and I'm not sure the game is reading my EBII.cfg at all. I can't find any logs, and the game is ignoring my disable_arrow_markers and auto_save settings.

Steam *was* installed in Program Files, but I moved it to a subfolder of Documents as per method 2 from here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129

I didn't see anything for Medieval 2 in virtualstore, either from my user or admin account, but the game (both Med 2 and EB II) does still ask for my admin password. Though it doesn't actually need me to enter the password for the game to work.

Am I going to need to fully re-install M2 to get this game to work properly? I'm asking here instead of just trying it because it's kind of a big download.

QuintusSertorius
04-04-2017, 10:18
What does your medieval2.preferences.cfg say? Could it be overriding your EBII.cfg? It's not supposed to work that way around, but sometimes seems to.

You may need to reinstall, though I can't profess to be able to diagnose what's going on with either Steam or VirtualStore/UAC, since I've got a retail version on Win7 (with UAC disabled).

aaronp
04-06-2017, 14:03
Hmm... I made a backup of medieval2.preferences.cfg then moved the changes from ebii.cfg into that file. Then I did it all over again and made the file read-only when the game overwrote it.

Things appear to be working on the surface. Should the logs be clean of warnings or errors? I'm getting a few (thousand).

QuintusSertorius
04-07-2017, 00:55
There's all sorts of warnings and errors, they don't necessarily mean anything. For example, every single line saying:

00:33:26.900 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EBII/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 30118, column 3
Building DB error - faction f_gandhara has gap in building prior to zurkhaneh

Is a false positive you can ignore.