PDA

View Full Version : Can't get the diadochi scenario to work.

Kaiser20
02-09-2019, 04:56
I've tried everything but I can load the game but once I start that scenario the game crashes after the first turn. I could play the rise of Persia scenario and get past the first turn. Please help me!

dimitrios the samian
02-09-2019, 05:18
Hello Kaiser .... Macsen will help you when he comes back again ...cheers

Kaiser20
02-09-2019, 13:55
Is everyone having this problem? Also when will Macsen be on again? has he been gone for awhile? Sorry I'm new to this forum and I love the idea of the diodochi scenario for medieval 1, it's my favourite time period! So I was pretty sad when all my excitement got crushed haha.

dimitrios the samian
02-10-2019, 04:10
He will be back ...do not worry ... we have an update to do to this mod .... perhaps its a corrupt download ?

Kaiser20
02-10-2019, 05:03
Idk I downloaded it and the mod would run, just the Diadochi scenario would crash after turn 1. I'm hopeful to see this mod work for me since it's my favourite time period and it looks really good! I wish you guys the best of luck moving forward!

macsen rufus
02-13-2019, 12:26
Idk I downloaded it and the mod would run, just the Diadochi scenario would crash after turn 1. I'm hopeful to see this mod work for me since it's my favourite time period and it looks really good! I wish you guys the best of luck moving forward!

Hi Kaiser,

Let's see what we can do to sort you out :bow: I've not been online for a few days so missed your posts til now.

First off, probably the most important bit - are you using disc or Steam version of MTW, that may be relevant?
If you can play Rise of Persia ok it sounds like you've installed it okay... so can you tell me what faction(s) you've tried in Successors, and also at what point did it CTD, and did you start any building and/or training?

Kaiser20
02-13-2019, 20:17
Alright, I play on steam and I followed your steps on what to delete in the medieval file. I tried playing as Macedon, Antigonids and Egypt. It crashes after I end my turn and when I do end my turn none of the faction leaders pop up to show the turn ticking over.

I'm going to reinstall it and follow every step again and tell you what I get.

Alright I reinstalled it and I can load the game and everything is fine. I can start a campaign and move around and try to build stuff but when I end the turn it goes to the "thinking" phase and crashes.

macsen rufus
02-13-2019, 23:12
Hmmm, well if it's a Steam issue I'm stumped as I use the disc version, but I'll do another install from a fresh download and see if I can recreate the problem.

Can you just double-check the other scenarios are ok, and also try all the factions to see if any get past the first turn? Cheers for now, gotta rush, but will try to get back tmrw....

Kaiser20
02-14-2019, 04:32
Yeah I just played the Alexander scenario as Macedon and it worked perfectly fine. So it has to do with the end turn and all that. Maybe the portits or something? because when I end my turn and it's on the thinking phases it doesn't show the factions list and go through them like it normally does. Odd that it only applies to the Diadochi scenario.

macsen rufus
02-14-2019, 12:23
Odd indeed...

Just to confirm ( going over the obvious for the sake of completeness, cos, you know, if you don't it will turn out to be something obvious ~D) you downloaded the mod recently enough to have v0.91? And you followed the instructions in the readme regarding files to remove prior to installation?

I've just done the same, made a new copy of MTW:VI, got a fresh download, removed the listed files and ran the installer. I started a Mac (Kassandros) campaign, and even set the unit size to 'huge' (although they SHOULD all be non-scalable, if one slipped through, this would catch it....).

All seems well, and I've run it for four or five turns with no trouble:

... so, I officially don't know what's happening :no:

I'm wondering now if it may be Steam-related, and here I have no (direct) experience at all. The usual starting place seems to be fiddling with screen resolution settings, as this can throw up some oddities, but beyond that....

Next thing to try, can you do a quicksave just prior to hitting 'End year' then attach the quicksave.dat file to a post here, and I'll see if it crashes in my new install.

Mediterraneo
08-12-2019, 12:07
Hello!

I'm experiencing what appears to be the same problem as the OP with the Diadochi scenario.

I'm on STEAM, using my italian localization (with the english localization copied over).

I made a fresh copy of MTW, deleted what was indicated in the readme file, once with and once without the "you may also safely delete these" part. Then I copied the localization folder over my localization one (the italian).

I was able to start and play all of the campaigns.
Nevertheless, when hitting the "end year" button on the first turn, when I was in the Diadochi campaign, the game would stop, thinking, without ever showing the portraits of the other faction leaders taking their own turns, then it would crash.
I tried with multiple factions - the first time it was with the Seleucids, I tried with others too, with no differences.
This problem didn't show itself in the other campaigns.

I hope this helps localizing where the problem may be, as I am interested in this part also of this beautiful work;
but in any case, thanks for the efforts, I'm playing this mod!

EDIT1: I'm attempting to download the english localization from steam, and try to install the mod on a fresh copy of it, to see if it works that way.
EDIT2: It was a failure. The game, in english, behaved in the same way. I can end turns in "Rise of Persia", if I try to end turns in "Diadocs" the game stops, 'thinking', without showing the other leaders' portraits, then crashes.

For the reccord, the version I am installing is the one called: ATW_EE_0_91.exe and the video options are set to the same specifics as the screen I am using.

macsen rufus
05-23-2020, 20:16
Apologies for a long absence, but I've had a hardware disaster (old video card died) and I can no longer play the game to test things out. I might have to go to Steam myself, but that will require a whole new computer :no:

UPDATE: I've now got a Win7 laptop but although I've tried Steam the machine can't cope. On the plus side I've also find that there is a Chinese clone of the old FX5500 video card, so the old desktop PC has now been restored to former glory. I can play again!

dimitrios the samian
06-20-2020, 14:37
UPDATE: I've now got a Win7 laptop but although I've tried Steam the machine can't cope. On the plus side I've also find that there is a Chinese clone of the old FX5500 video card, so the old desktop PC has now been restored to former glory. I can play again!

Good too see you back Comrade !:2thumbsup:

SeanGrey
07-28-2020, 12:58
Guys, I have Windows 10, how's the game going on this OS?

Stazi
07-29-2020, 07:15
Guys, I have Windows 10, how's the game going on this OS?

I've heard good opinions about Steam version but older versions not so much.