PDA

View Full Version : Crusades

Qilue
11-27-2002, 21:16
We have all seen this message.

[crusade_pass1_blurb]
{This Crusade is on the way towards %s, and a messenger has requested that you allow it to pass through your land. If you refuse, you will be attacked. Will you allow it to pass? } // Don't translate %s. String will look like

Having seen it too many times, I thought up some variations based on observations of the AI's crusades.

[crusade_pass1_blurb]
{This Crusade is on the way towards %s, and a messenger has requested that you allow it to pass through your land. If you refuse, the crusaders will run away. Will you allow it to pass? } // Don't translate %s. String will look like

[crusade_pass1_blurb]
{This rabble is a French Crusade on the way towards who-cares-where, and a messenger has requested that you allow it to pass through your land. It will most likely be a complete fiasco and if you refuse entry, the crusaders will run away. Will you allow it to pass? } // Don't translate %s. String will look like

[crusade_pass1_blurb]
{This rabble is a German Crusade is on the way towards {insert_french_provence}, and a messenger has requested that you allow it to pass through your land. If you refuse, the crusaders will run away and the Holy Roman Emperor will then sulk for the rest of the game. Will you allow it to pass? } // Don't translate %s. String will look like

[crusade_pass1_blurb]
{This rabble is an Italian Crusade is on the way towards {insert_german_provence}, and a messenger has requested that you allow it to pass through your land. If you refuse, the crusaders will run away. The Doge will then sulk for the rest of the game. Will you allow it to pass? } // Don't translate %s. String will look like

These came to me after watching the French launch 8 crusades at Livonia, all of which failed due to the constant rebelions. The low point for the French was when the crusader army having achieved it's goal and disbanded, found itself under seige by yet another group of rebels. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Gregoshi
11-27-2002, 21:31
Funny stuff Qilue. Perhaps a bit too honest though. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

Brother Derfel
11-27-2002, 21:47
*ROTFL*

Very funny. those poor poor French fools..........

Negative
11-27-2002, 22:21
Ever since I patched Crusades have been passing through my land with out asking for permission. Is this normal? I'm playing HRE Early. I posted this question in the Apothocary, but nobody replyed. Thanks for any imput.

Vlad The Impaler
11-27-2002, 22:40
maybe u are already allied with those that start the crusade ?

Negative
11-27-2002, 22:54
That's what I was thinking, but if my memory is right I was neutral to England. They sent a crusade marching right through my army in Flanders sucking up half the troops and a 4 star general. They then used my fleet to jump to Palistine.

Qilue
11-27-2002, 22:56
Negative, did you start a new campaign game after patching, or did you continue with an old game? It turns out that save games from v1 are kind of incompatable with v1.1 and it's best to start fresh after patching.

Negative
11-28-2002, 01:12
Yes this is a new game.
I even did a fresh install of the game and then patched it.