PDA

View Full Version : Strategy Guide?

Ryttare
02-03-2003, 11:45
I see people mentioning the Strategy Guide everywhere, but i have no idea what it is or where to get it...info?

Gregoshi
02-03-2003, 14:29
It is a soft cover book available where computer games are sold. I can't say I've ever seen it on a store shelf, but then I rarely look for such things. Your best bet might be buying it online.

Tyrac
02-03-2003, 15:04
I have seen it at both Best Buy and at comp USA... However you can get all the good information in it (and there is not much that is good) from various online forums etc. I would not reccomend buying it.

Edit-
Just noticed you are from sweden...I have no idea if Comp USA or best buy are there. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

econ21
02-03-2003, 15:17
I bought it and in my opinion, it is ok for a strategy guide. I found it most useful for the unit stats and information on combat modifiers, but that info is online if you look for it. It has many tips which are ok, but again you'd learn more from reading these forums.

Bottomline: worth getting if you can afford it and are really into MTW, but not essential.

Ryttare
02-03-2003, 15:26
THx m8's

SirGrotius
02-03-2003, 18:02
The Strategy Guide is a great Bathroom Reader...not to be crude. I have found it useful, as others have stated, as a convenient guide to compare units. Unfortunately, it doesn't state range for missle units (with the notable exception of artillery), so that's annoying. However, there is a really neat list of virtues and vices, and what they do. Furthermore, it breaks down the historical battles and informs you about what you need to do to win. And finally, it's a nice catalyst to get you playing...you come home from a long, boring day at work, and you sit down and pick up your strategy guide, and next thing you know, you're running to play MTW and try out that new kick-ass tactic you thought of

Shahed
02-03-2003, 20:44
Some interesting stuff in the guide, specially on combat system:

Amazon link (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/074400182X/qid=1044299080/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/102-4425995-7756160?v=glance&s=books&n=507846)

Could of course have been much better. Still worth the read.

Alrowan
02-04-2003, 05:42
i never got round to buying it, and when i went to the local PC game store, they said they werent stocking it anymore.. so i guess ill stick with the forums