PDA

View Full Version : Things that you would like to see in next TWgame

MadSoul
02-15-2003, 15:20
Is there anything that should be added or improve some way in next Total War game.What do you think.

I was thinkin something like hiding men in water where is not so deeb and maybe some building that makes it possiple to some troops or some way to kontrol those too big armies
because I just dont like much batles where I see AI7000men and ME2000men batles.

Well does anyone have nice ideas or nasty http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/idea.gif

http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/joker.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/joker.gif

Gregoshi
02-15-2003, 21:22
I think what I'd like to see the most is population playing a bigger role. By that, I mean a province only has so much manpower to provide over a certain amount of time. This would mean a prolonged was would bleed dry the manpower from your provinces. Periods of peace would restore a provinces manpower. The loss of manpower would lower the agricultural output of the province and that would translate to lower florin output.

A related issue: I'd also like to see limits on how many higher tech units are available (population based), thus making lower tech units more important even in the later stages of the game. Now peasants and uban militia seem to fall by the wayside very early in the campaign.

JANOSIK007
02-16-2003, 05:39
I would like to have different options in military campaigns. Wether you just want to go on a raid with a band of your loyal men, or go on a huge military campaign with all of the supplies that big armies need.

Also, it'd be pretty neat if you could go into battle map to see how you'r army is traveling and occasionally fend off few of the small skirmishes that usually occured before a major battle. Also during the night you could command your army to set up a camp.

And I would like the graphics of the environment to be better. For instance having trees look more realistic with varied size and color. Also the grass could be made a little more realistic, having it cover soldiers ankles or even up to the knees ( they have already done it with the farm )

The wind should be also a factor in the game. It should be expressed visually ( with trees swinging, grass moving, and soldiers' clothes moving ) and strategically. Sand, from looking at the screenshots, looks really nice ( especially with those ripples ).

JANOSIK007
02-16-2003, 05:45
Do you think that Creative Assembly is reading these posts?

I would like to know from them if my suggestions are doable (running along the lines of what they're doing) or are they too far fetched?

Maniac
02-16-2003, 11:53
MP campaign is what I'd love.

More diplomatic variety. Like Trade Embargos, allowance to move troops through allied territory, maybe even planned joint attacks...

MadSoul
02-16-2003, 15:09
I think population should be biger factor than it is and what gomes to diblomacy I agree, because I think at this time is only greating litle safetines nothin else.

One thing these Before big batles How JANOSIK007 would these things work and many turns should defending/attacking
should last is before batle one turn and major batle one turn.

And if Creative Assembly They could take few ideas from here. But no i dont think that they are reading this.I myself want to know what they think abaut the game.

Pablo Sanchez
02-16-2003, 18:24
In real life, I don't think you could take control of a place as big as Aquitane or Cyrenaica in one climactic battle. After a defeat, there should be an option to leave harassing troops in the province to tie down the enemy for a period of time, during which the loyalty changes much more slowly and production is more expensive. If you move to retake the province, the guerrillas rejoin your forces.

Gregoshi
02-17-2003, 04:52
FYI, the CA guys do come here and read the threads. I know Giljay has told us he has a very thick file of ideas he has culled from the forums he visits. There are 5 CA employees that regularly visit here even if they don't always post.

Interesting idea Pablo. Do you envision this an actual task to perform or abstracted? I don't see it being much fun having it as a actual thing to do, but I do see it as an abstract representation in that maybe support cost for units goes up and loyalty suffers...maybe even an occassional building getting burned.

Wargamer
02-17-2003, 05:47
I would like to see some sort of PBEM capability, even if only for the battles. Multiplayer is nice, but PBEM would be better. Of course, this would require some sort of turn process, much like the WE-Go system used by Combat Mission. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/idea.gif

Bhruic
02-17-2003, 07:19
MP campaign would, of course, be great. One thing I'd like is something to assist with building. I know you can have the AI control it, but you can't (from what I know) tell it what you want it to do on a province by province basis. So either have that, or have the ability to script building queues.

Another possibility (realistic? not sure) would be the ability to merge units on the field. If I have two units of spearmen with less than 100 men between them, it'd make sense to combine them under one leader.

Improved naval combat resolution would be appreciated.

Bh

bbmetr
02-17-2003, 20:28
JANOSIK007 they do look at this site I still remember the delay of the mongol invasion and the much desired patches when the gamedevelopers made their own posts and told us they read the criticism.

Back to topic ... oh so many things to wish for...

- I would like to see all catholic priests and inquisitors removed once a faction is excommunicated or transfer its loyalty to another not excommunicated faction.
- A choice in game style every turn is a year or back to the shoggy variant (my preference)every turn a season.
- Being able to build simple structures faster when the game has progressed. If i already have a spearmaker guild and i conquer a no building provence it takes me to long to train some outdated spearmen. Or build two or more simple structures at the same time. If i'm a king and have a large amount of money i expect my people being able to expand my keep to a castle and at the same time build a level one building. It wouldn't mess with the construction time. Also it's strange that a very poor and less populated province (i.e. Finland) builds at the same rate has an heavily populated and rich province (Flanders). Some provinces could have an quicker building time
- Easier management with new units/building. Its been told many times before by other guildmembers. Try to get the mouseclick amounts down. It works with an strategic agent so let it work with an army unit/ship.

I better to stop daydreaming now and play this great game, sorry for the long story but you asked for it MadSoul.