PDA

View Full Version : Lets write a story about the ancient times...

Cedrik
02-20-2003, 19:51
Ok this is a story everybody can write on it....goes like this....
Once upon a time there where 4 kings, they where wise,just and brave when the winds of war blew. Their people...

Lord Of Storms
02-20-2003, 23:58
Packed their gear and made tracks for the high country, the traffic on the interstate was backed up for miles ...

JANOSIK007
02-21-2003, 00:03
...so the king Querx of Esque people decided to deliver his people to the promise land...

Demon of Light
02-21-2003, 00:39
I am ignoring the first two posts because A) I started writing this before they popped up and B) they aren't really being serious. (not that there is anything wrong with that)

...were as diverse as they were numerous. King Alrowan's subjects were situated upon a vast desert with few regions suited for the building of cities. The people of Corbeau had against all odds cultivated this land into a rich and prosperous nation. While influential, it did not stand out so far as to invite the envy and emnimity of the world.

In addition to the outsiders they would soon be facing upon the field of combat, there was internal strife as well. The original inhabitants of the land were relegated to the bottom rungs of the social ladder. At varying points in history these people had been battered, beaten, raped, and awarded secondary status in a land they once called their own.

Adding to the tension was a policy developed by hopelessly misguided fools that was designed to help. For a number of years, the ruling class was literally stealing the youth of these people. Children, infants, and babies were rounded up in droves to be adopted into families that would take better care of them. The victems of this state sponsored kidnapping were often forcibly extracted with their last indelibly etched memories of the real mothers being the wails of despair that comes naturally to all mothers losing their precious children. In time, the wail began to extend to the group. An entire people wailed at the loss of their children and mixed in with that wail was the anger, hatred and righteous fury that comes with centuries of oppression. The complete and choking loathing that they felt for the Corbeauais infused their beings with a sort of dark cancerous energy that simultaneously quickens and dulls the spirit.

The program had ended with the reign of Alrowan's father but the scars remained. King Alrowan, first of that name, stared at the banners of his enemies and saw only the long missing spark that would set his Kingdom ablaze.

Lord Of Storms
02-21-2003, 00:50
Most sincere apoligies for making jest of your story no offense intended just having a little fun http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

02-21-2003, 20:16
No apology is necessary. I never really blamed you for anything and I wouldn't want you to think I had. The simple truth is that by the time I finished writing, I was too invested in it to simply let it die. Also, I think Cedrik's idea deserves a chance to get off the ground. I hope someone else advances this (HINT: Maybe someone who's FATE is AMENABLE TO CHANGE might want to give it a shot.)