PDA

View Full Version : The Last shall be the First and the First shall be

R'as al Ghul
02-20-2003, 22:34
Ok, this is about honour again.
I observed the following:
Only those Units who stay on the Field till the end of Battle get honour upgrades?
If i take a unit of, let's say archers, let them shoot their arrows and draw them out of the battle
to get a fresh unit of archers to keep on shooting, the first unit of archers, which is not on the field at the end of the battle, doesn't appear in the battle chart ??
Does this mean they don't get honour, even if they killed a sufficient amount of enemys?
Or is it just that you don't get informed? I also think i can remember a battle chart with more than 16 units ?
How many kills does a archer unit need to step up, anyway?
I'm confused
Help

pdoan8
02-20-2003, 22:57
You mean the valour gain for killing enemy?

The valour gain during battle will be shown right at the moment it's achieved. If the unit was withdrawn during the battle, the info won't be shown in the battle summary screen (only shown the units, up to 16,remain on the battle field at the end of the battle), but that doesn't mean the unit didn't get the valour gain as they should.

If you open the battle log, you should see the valour gain there. Or check the unit after the battle.

Demon of Light
02-20-2003, 23:06
It is actually pretty cool to see. I once saw El Cid gain 5 valor in just a few seconds. Unfortunately this is largely because he was surrounded and alone. He was winning easily and laying waste to his enemies right up until he died.

Hosakawa Tito
02-21-2003, 01:20
R'as al Ghul when you withdraw units for reenforcements during a battle, the withdrawn unit will not show up on the after battle summary screen. However, if you have installed the patch you should be able to access the logfiles for that battle. To look at the logfiles:
Click on my computer from your desk top

Click on C drive (hard drive)

Click on program files

Click on MTW folder

Click on logfiles

All your battles will be listed by date, time, SP or MP etc.
you'll find each unit listed from that army with kills, honor etc...

R'as al Ghul
02-22-2003, 17:50
Ahhh http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/idea.gif
Oh my God, there's a whole universe out there.
Thanks Hosakawa Tito. That really helped.
By the way, the idea to drop to the desktop and check those files out seems really odd to me. I would prefer to see
them when they are relevant - After the battle.
Well, i think one better checks the units indiviually.

Thx to all