PDA

View Full Version : What's on your Unit/Faction wish list?

Asus
02-23-2003, 19:25
I'm sure this question was already entertained in the forums somewhere... if so my apologies.

I've heard of many interesting non-existant units in MTW so
basically I'm interested in learning; (especially from those history buffs) just what types of faction specific units you would add to the game? Feel free to include any units from factions that were left out as well (for all periods).

I look forward to your comments

Asus
03-05-2003, 20:24
Heheheh not too many wishes out there??? Well then I must entertain myself with my wish for Mounted Hussars for Russia & Poland, and for late period give them the gun mounted armor with saber and bow
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

VRViperII
03-05-2003, 22:03
High on my wish list would be one for RTW. I think that chariots would be quite excelent. They could zip around with blades sticking out of the wheels and whatnot. I don't know if this has been mentioned for RTW or not, but it would be neat.

Also, covered battering rams would be nice for MTW. Even a garbage makeshift one like in Braveheart.

Kongamato
03-05-2003, 22:24
I believe that the sieges in VI will involve rams.

I think that new Fast-rated cavalry units would be good to have.

Heraclius
03-05-2003, 22:38
For the Byzantines I know there is a sorely needed armored spearmen unit coming but I was kind of hoping for a true kataphraktoi, armed with not only a lance but a sword, shield, bow and arrows and heavy armor. But I realized a unit like this would probably destroy all in its way so I think CA did a good job.

Lord Of Storms
03-05-2003, 23:01
More elite pike units like the Swiss Armored Pikemen the HRE had a colorful unit called the Landsknechte Pikemen that wore colorful rags tied to their clothes and large colored feathers in their hats...http://images.animfactory.com/animations/war/medieval_knights/knight_armored_archduke_preattack_md_blk.gif

Asus
03-06-2003, 16:26
Quote[/b] ]but I was kind of hoping for a true kataphraktoi, armed with not only a lance but a sword, shield, bow and arrows and heavy armor. But I realized a unit like this would probably destroy all in its way so I think CA did a good job.

They sound terrible indeed But maybe they could be available in a small unit of say 25 or 40 at a high cost? Yes after browsing some of the mininature wargame figurine sites I've come across a variety of Byzantine troops which MTW is lacking.

Quote[/b] ]More elite pike units like the Swiss Armored Pikemen the HRE had a colorful unit called the Landsknechte

Speaking of pikemen, I just noticed and I am assuming this must have occured after I installed the patch months ago, that armored pikemen and swiss halberdiers are missing from my MP/SP unit selections?http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/frown.gif

Gregoshi
03-06-2003, 23:14
Quote[/b] (Asus @ Mar. 06 2003,09:26)]Speaking of pikemen, I just noticed and I am assuming this must have occured after I installed the patch months ago, that armored pikemen and swiss halberdiers are missing from my MP/SP unit selections?http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/frown.gif
Are you sure you are in the right era?

A Nerd
03-07-2003, 03:57
More muslim infantry. Heavy if possible.

SmokWawelski
03-07-2003, 15:39
I cannot root more for the Polish cav, although it is unlikely to happen. The next best thing would be the possibility to have a mixed 100 men formation of pikes/spears and gunpowder units to order as one, and not the current combination of two, which cannot occupy the same spot now...

In the Xpack I would like to see the sieges expanded, and added some nice troops to Alms, which are in desperate need of exclusive unit, that can help them fighting of crusades.

Siena
03-08-2003, 00:19
faction: Lithuania
unit: SamogitianInfantry - Samogitians were (are) Western Lithuanians. The most stubborn pagans in Europe. Very tough soldiers.

Asus
03-15-2003, 08:24
Quote[/b] ]Are you sure you are in the right era?

Late area is when swiss armored pikemen and swiss halberdiers are available no? I have some friends who have the same problem. We are primarily mulitplayers, but can't find them in SP either, since the patch. I spoke with someone who said we will be getting them back for VI. Come to think of it since the patch I've only seen one person bring those type of units in multiplayer, and they sounded surprised when I told them that I could not.

Aelwyn
03-15-2003, 18:57
Quote[/b] (Asus @ Mar. 06 2003,09:26)]Speaking of pikemen, I just noticed and I am assuming this must have occured after I installed the patch months ago, that armored pikemen and swiss halberdiers are missing from my MP/SP unit selections?http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/frown.gif
Yes they were taken out of MP, imo because people were...not really complaining, but making comments about their staying power. In some instances a unit of Swiss Armoured Pikemen would hold for a very long time, even when attacked simultaneously from all four sides. I don't think it was the unit though, there was another explanation. It would be nice to have back at least the Armoured Pikemen in the Late era.