PDA

View Full Version : ANNOYING!!

Mr. Juice
02-20-2003, 06:43
Ok, I'm playing as the Turks, early. I am at war with Byzantine, and have sacked Constantinople. Now they have ONE ship blokading Constantinople. And when I attack, they just move. THAT ONE SHIP HAS BEEN BLOCKADING ME FOR AT LEAST 10 YEARS What can I do? The fastest ship I can build had 3 speed. That last Byzantine ship has 4.

burma_mtw
02-20-2003, 06:52
Sometimes if your Ship-stack outnumbers theirs you will sink it. I am pretty sure that it is a probability thing and you will eventually win if you attack every year. That has happened for me in a Speed=3 vs. Speed=4 similar scenario.

Of course, you can always get a ceasefire and sneak-attack the little devil. All is fair, etc.

pdoan8
02-20-2003, 08:45
Attack it with multiple stacks of ship (one or two ships each stack is good enough). Don't mix slow ship and fast ship in the same stack. That would give you better chance to catch the elusive ship.

Mr. Juice
02-20-2003, 21:52
It's one ship ot my stacks of 3 and four. About fifteen more years have passed... still having the problem. This is incredibly lame.

Hosakawa Tito
02-20-2003, 22:11
I would recommend breaking up your fleets into 1 and 2 ship stacks and attack with all of them. You should be able to catch him quicker than that.

SmokWawelski
04-07-2003, 17:56
Well, I might be missing something, but you are cranking the ships out, can't you pursue and hold some 3 provinces so that whenever he wants to escape, he will be on top of your other fleet?