PDA

View Full Version : Gregoshi + KukriKhan

Wellington
03-27-2003, 21:59
Greg and Kukri,

With all respect could you PLEASE make it clear that new individuals in the Entrance Hall do NOT have a God given right to demand immediate responses from individuals such as myself in respect of questions.

Whilst, as you know, many people attempt to assist responsible individuals who join The Org it can be very frustrating to receive E-mails of the ilk that I have been receiving over the last 2/3 months.

Many people fail to understand that participation in The Org is a hobby - and as such many people fail to understand that some people are not participating in The Org merely to be a data-bank, that can elicit criticism if the data is not available, but rather to offer assistance.

My latest E-mail is -

Edit: removed email text.

Could you PLEASE make it clear that such attitudes from new people does nothing to enhance their credibility in repsect of E-mailing established members of the Org in such a manner.

I appreciate you will understand what I'm trying to say.

Alternately is there any way to remove my E-mail address from my profile to avoid such posts.

Gregoshi
03-27-2003, 22:37
I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a problem. That must partly come from your celebrity status in these forums. I suggest you go into your control panel under email settings, check the hide my email address from other members box and then click on the Amend my email settings button at the bottom. If you present your email address to patrons, it is apparent in your case they are willing to use it.

In the writer's defense, he was very polite and apparently not aware of how much time you do spend in the EH. He wouldn't be the first patron confused about the nature of the Entrance Hall.

Edit: I removed the email text from your post so no one individual is singled out in this overall trend.

BDC
03-27-2003, 22:42
Take it as a complement and send them a link to this thread. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif

Efrem Da King
03-28-2003, 07:47
HEHEHHEHEHHHEHEHHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHHEHEHEHHE

I'm not out of control

Crackslapper
04-09-2003, 14:10
WOW.......To much coffee I think

Gregoshi
04-09-2003, 16:08
Not really. Just a communications breakdown and some misunderstanding. Though too much coffee may have helped. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif