PDA

View Full Version : Running My Game

Banjaxd
04-20-2003, 13:08
i have had Medieval TW for a while and enjoy playing it ...

Recently when i tried to start a new campaign i keep getting no response or load screen...
my saved games still work...also i have reinstalled the game but with no effect....
any ideas what the problem could be ?

Heraclius
04-20-2003, 20:01
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif Banjaxd. Hope you enjoy the .org. I'll post this over at the apothecary and see if Erado San and Kraellin can help you fix it.

Heraclius
04-20-2003, 22:41
Kraellin over at the apothecary suggests the following:

Quote[/b] ]
two things come to mind here, one is a dirty cd disk and the other is a full saved games folder. the game only allows for 100 saved games, after that you cant save, and frankly, i forget if you can load again or not, but check it.

if you clean the cd disk, make sure you use something that wont scratch it and isnt acidic. you dont want to mess up the disk surface.

the other thing is, have you changed anything recently on your computer, added some hardware or software or enabled something like anti-virus or something?

K.
--------------
Life is like a bite in the groin by a two headed monster with lockjaw.
-Kraellin

Gregoshi
04-21-2003, 05:21
Welcome to the Org Banjaxd. I see Heraclius is taking good care of you. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/pat.gif

Banjaxd
04-22-2003, 12:39
well....i recently installed a Lexmark printer so that is new hardware...
i only have 4 saved games so it isnt that ....
the disk is clean now and that didnt help......

maybe it is the hardware ? how can i solve this and why is it affecting the game ?

Gregoshi
04-22-2003, 13:47
Can you give us some information about your system? Both hardware and software (version of Windows, DirectX, MTW) will help.

Banjaxd
04-22-2003, 15:13
okay....i have windows 98...directx is installed.....

i have a lexmark z34 colour printer which i installed recently...

the pc has 128 memory and has run MTW easily prior to the last week or so...

thats about all i know though

Kraellin
04-22-2003, 19:00
is the printer a usb type, plugs into a usb port? if so, unplug it and try the game again.

K.

Heraclius
04-22-2003, 21:00
you know now that I think about it, the same thing happened to me with Shogun. I could not start new campaigns but, unlike you Banjaxd, my saved games didn't work. I called tech support etc but in the end I actually had tp buy another copy. luckily the price had gone down a bit by then. I hope the same thing doesn't happen to you. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/frown.gif

castle
04-22-2003, 22:02
I had a similar problem with the game. After playing for months without problems, suddenly game refused to start when I clicked the play button and froze the computer.

It also froze computer when I tried to uninstall using the disc. Windows add/remove progs also refused to uninstall saying install file missing or corrupted.

I contacted support web site. They said to remove game manually. Part of this involves removing it from the registry. I have not tried this yet as I do not like the thought of messing with the registry.

Banjaxd
04-23-2003, 12:01
the printer is USB so i will try it

Aurelius1
04-24-2003, 08:57
The suspense is killing me
How did this turn out?
I love seeing people with problems get prompt, efficient help from friendly knowledgable people It is so unlike everything I experience in my day to day life

Please let us know if it worked