PDA

View Full Version : 1 max rule

LadyAnn
12-18-2002, 21:42
I tried an Italian army using 1 max rule where I pick each unit only once. With the Italian, it is quite easy to have a decent army, especially in high or late period, because the Italian has access to many redundant units.

However, the 1 max rule weaken the Italian a bit and make it more an infantry rush army, because I could only chose 1 pav. arb and 1 pav. xbow.

The spears linemen are decent, because It.Inf. and Ord.Foot are same, and Chv.Sgt., although inferior, could stand in for a 3-unit spear squad. There are several good pike units to chose from also.

The swords shock troops is a bit expensive because I could only have 1 FMAA and 1 CMAA. Usually, the CMAA/FMAA pairs are my attack squad. Using halberdiers and other knights is fine if the problem with speed and size could be handle correctly.

The cav. line is also easy to pick, because Hosp.Knight and Chiv.Knights are the same. I also have a choice of Goth.Knight. Gendarms is a bit wierd that it is only available in late period (who needs a weaker knight?), but I can substitute it in. Allen Cav, Feudal Sgt. could be used as well.

So, I had fun with it. I doubt that other factions could field units that can satisfy a 1-max rule without a lot of problems. But give it a try.

Annie

Puzz3D
12-18-2002, 22:08
That took a lot of nerve LadyAn considering no one else in that 4v4 followed your 1 max rule, but you pulled if off admirably facing off against a very dangerous opponent. It's an interesting suggestion to introduce some diversity to the battles.

LadyAnn
12-18-2002, 22:59
I need to add that out of 4 battles with that ragtag army, I won only 1, and that's in the game where I perform the "Great March" only rivaled by Mao's Peasant Army. (Oops, sorry, People's Army)

Annie

Kraxis
12-19-2002, 05:22
I think that is a great way to have fun...

Another faction that I believe could pull it off, but with greater trouble would be the Turks, so many overlapping units.

1 JHI (gen), 1 JI, 1 Turcoman Foot, 1 Futuwwa, 1 Ottoman Inf or JA, 1 Kwz cav, 1 Arm cav, 1 Ghulam, 1 Alan, 1 Saracen, 1 Muwahid, 1 Ghazi and the last one is hard but I think Handgunners could do it, or more interestingly Naphtas (but you really have to be good to use those).