PDA

View Full Version : Co-op against the computer

RangerLee
02-25-2003, 21:34
One feature I wish they had in STW and MTW is the ability for two friends to play co-op against the computer. Hopefully they make this possible in RTW. However I dont know if this would require being able to play a game through TCP/IP. Which should be another feature

Thoughts?

Monk
02-25-2003, 21:40
if they do this i hope they improve the AI GREATLY. otherwise it would be over way to fast.

Nelson
02-25-2003, 21:49
This should be doable for battles and would be a good idea.

A persons vs AI campaign would still suffer the same troublesome issues that have always plagued MP campaign ideas since Shogun.

caesar
02-26-2003, 17:16
Do you mean campaign or battles?

I asked if battles could be coop against AI and a developer said they were thinking of including it.

Doubt it for campaign.

What do you mean tcp/ip ? All games over the net is tcp-ip.

max_killer_payne
02-26-2003, 20:19
I hope u can co-op against the computer, then you could take advantages of different civilisations unique units and really kick the crap outta the enemy

RangerLee
02-26-2003, 23:47
I meant battles because I believe it would be very difficult for them to make a full campaign multiplayer, let alone MP against the AI. Even though that would be GREAT

Unless I am using a different version of MTW the MP battles you have to do are through the CA servers and you cant directly connect to a buddies computer and play that way. This is what I mean by a tcp/ip game. TCP/IP is an option given in most MP games such as Mechwarrior. If you know a servers IP or a buddies IP you enter it and connect skipping the third party server.

Currently you have to go through their servers I believe, unless that has changed. I have not played online MTW since last December since I have been working on my cutom historical battle.

caesar
02-27-2003, 12:28
I'd say it's called Direct IP connect. Over gamespy you're still using tcp/ip.

Many people you pirate the game would like this feature.
But I would like this feature for if gamespy suffers an early death, it prob won't be poss to play online without some sort of direct ip connection.

RangerLee
02-27-2003, 18:56
Well I am not into pirated games, just my experience with STW made me long for direct ip ability. I didnt find that game and all its greatness until very late. By that time the MP servers were hardly ever up.

Shortly there after MTW came out, but all the MP games I wanted to do with STW and my buddy who I convinced to buy that game was for not. I had to wait until he flew down from Toronto and we were able to play on my lan.

Mr Frost
03-12-2003, 07:57
I could actually see alowing several players to team against the AI in battles popular with clans as a way to work out strategies for M.P. competition .
In such , it would not matter so much that the A.I. would be dissadvantaged , but that such players could hone their maneuvers and co-operation between several armies .