PDA

View Full Version : Geisha Gripes

Darth Wart
11-30-2000, 14:25
What's going on with my geishas, those disobedient floozies! Specifically:

1. When she's, say, two provinces away from the target general, and instead of moving her across the two provinces, I simply dump her on the general (I'm lazy), the next turn she "hyperspaces" way back deep somewhere into my territory, instead of marching straight through the two provinces to the general. If you try and interrupt her and give her something new, it says, "Do you wish to abort this mission?" What mission? I thought you went home for some R&R, lady! If she's still on the mission, how the heck did she get way back deep in my territory? (Note: emissaries do this too.)

2. Apparently if you geisha an allied clan to death, you don't inherit his stuff. I thought I read somewhere that you did...

3. Sometimes I tell my geisha to kill a daimyo and she fails; on the next turn the daimyo dies of an illness, or maybe dies in battle. Nevertheless, the geisha still wanders off into parts unknown claiming she's on a "mission". What mission? Is this a glitch? Where is she going?

4. Sometimes -- even when it's a case of rebels -- when you try to kill another general with a geisha, it says, "he's well-protected from ninja attack." What does that mean? How can somebody be well protected from ninja attack? A high rank? Or does that mean there's an enemy geisha in the province? The only reliable way I've been able to figure out to protect my daimyo from geisha attack is move him from province to province on every single turn, so that way a stalking ninja can never (at least theoretically) catch up with him. But is there something I'm not getting?

5. Sometimes when I instruct a geisha to kill somebody, she stays put in that province (claiming, meanwhile, that she's "on a mission"). Meanwhile the intended target has long since moved off to parts unknown. Nevertheless she stays right there, sometimes in seiza, sometimes with her dagger raised. What's going on here? Do some geishas wait for the target to come to them, while others actively march off and follow the target? If so, what determines which course of behavior she's going to adopt?

[This message has been edited by Darth Wart (edited 11-30-2000).]

Tenchimuyo
11-30-2000, 21:27
Well,I haven't encountered any of these yet.
But it does sound wierd when you said that your Geishas wonder off.

I think the solution is: control their drinking problems!

Yabusama
11-30-2000, 23:25
Some possible answers;
1. Dunno, err we're off to a good start then.
2. You DO get allied clan provinces if you geisha them, in exactly the same way as if you ninja them. As to whether you actually get any provinces depends upon many factors (who is the most powerful clan, who allied first with the dead clan, etc).
3. Sounds like a glitch to me.
4. A high ranking taisho is well protected from ninja attack since it will take a good level ninja to kill him. So in effect if you try and kill him with a low level ninja you will prbably fail, hence he is well protected. As for protecting yourself from ninjas and geishas there are two solutions, number 1 is as you do and keep shuffling the targets around, but you are bound to forget and end up dead at some stage.
The best defence are shinobi. Simply place 3 or 4 around your taisho/heirs/diamyo and they will either catch any ninjas who come after them, or frustrate geisha attacks. When you attack with a geisha and get something like "The Geisha has not found a moment to attack" this is because of AI shinobi protecting the target. Be warned though that shinobi only have a chance to intercept enemy ninja and geisha but 3 or 4 usually keeps the target safe.

Hope this helps you out.

solypsist
12-01-2000, 01:21
1. The route your geisha chooses is based of safety. There might be an enemy ninja in the neighboring province; I've seen ninjas kill geishas. So there's a good chance your geisha has decided to do a port-to-port route.
2.Yabu already answered this one.
3.Yes. Despite the fact that the daimyo has died, the geisha is still looking out to kill him. It's a programming shortcoming.
4.answered already
5.it's a bit of a glitch. At this point in the game there's probably a lot of banners/agents moving around the map and sometimes the computer forgets (much like when there's lots of construction) to update. Keep an eye on your geisha and re-command if needed.

Gregoshi
12-01-2000, 04:26
I've noticed a similar thing as #5 with my ninja's in the current campaign I'm playing. I gave a ninja an order to kill an emissary. The emissary moved that turn but the ninja didn't. After about two turns of being idle, the ninja warps two provinces (I don't belive this was port to port). Of course the emissary is nowhere to be found in the province the ninja warped to. I'm just gonna wait and see if it tracks the phantom emissary any further.

Gregoshi