PDA

View Full Version : Creative Assembly Welcome back

The Shogun
11-02-2000, 15:25
Hi guys good to see the Org back. Like the new site very nice.

as promised, here is a detailed explanation of the league table calculations:

Shogun honour calculations.

A players current honour score is the running average of the honour score he achieved in his last 30 battles.

For a single battle a players honour score is calculated as follows.

Winners honour = ((average of all losing players current honour) capped to within 50 of winners current honour) + 50
Losers honour = ((average of all winning players current honour) capped to within 50 of losers current honour) - 50

All players start with a current honour score of 100.

If a players has not yet played 30 games then his honour score for every game he has not played is assumed to be 100.

So if a player had played 1 game and achieved a score of 120 for that game his current honour would be (120 + (29 * 100)) / 30.

So to push your honour up you must keep playing and beating good players. If you only ever play people with an honour of 50 and beat them every time your honour will only ever be 100. To get your score over 150 you must consistently beat players with a score greater than 100. And so it goes on. To get over 200 (very difficult) you must consistently beat players over 150.

So if you find your honour going down even though you are winning it is because you a playing poor opponents and dragging down your average.

So that should explain why your honour may drop some times eevn if you are winning!
We are trying to get honour displayed in the chat server for the next patch!
hope that helps guys!

------------------
The Shogun
Bringinng wisdom in an unwise world

Obake
11-02-2000, 18:42
Shogun,

Welcome back to the Sword Dojo!
(Dan/Kurando, is there any way we could get a different pic for CA/DT posters specifically in honor of their status?)

And thanks for the info re online honor calculations. I know that there have been quite a few questions regarding how honor was calculated for multi-player battles and what changes (if any) were made when the league tables were reset. From what I read, the calculations now are the same as they were previously (some people gonna be real unhappy with that).

I for one am VERY excited about the possibility of being able to see a potential opponents honor in the foyer! For me, this will eliminate a lot of the concerns that I have! What about being able to see seasons and timers as well?

Once again, welcome back Shogun and we hope to continue hearing from you on a regular basis!

Obake

[This message has been edited by Obake (edited 11-02-2000).]

dan
11-02-2000, 21:26
I am starting to learn my way around this ubb script, and believe I know how to make special icons for the developers.

It just doesn't seem right to have them called Ashigaru...

Kurando
11-02-2000, 23:49
Yes, Obake we are working on that, (see the "master members roll call thread in the OT Forum). Hopefully we can engender special status to the Heads of the Major fan-Clans as well to honour there worthy efforts.

Welcome back The Shogun!

Dwimmerlaik
11-03-2000, 00:45
And that is a brilliant idea fellas....only what would happen to those poor newbies who have low honor and can't get an MP game going to save their grandmas coz everyone is panting after the higher honour taishos?

------------------
To be happy it is necessary not to be too intelligent

- Flaubert-

Widda
11-03-2000, 01:13
Some of the big guns only hunt each other and leave us little fish alone thou there are some who fry us occasionally. There are a couple who will play anyone anytime. Then again some of us little fish can suprise the big fish on occasion. Hey Obake!
:lol

Widda.

Kurando
11-03-2000, 01:16
Quote what would happen to those poor newbies who have low honor and can't get an MP game going to save their grandmas coz everyone is panting after the higher honour taishos?[/QUOTE]

Relax Dwimmerlaik, it's all part of growing up and being British!

Dwimmerlaik
11-03-2000, 02:03
Bah, British you say? Hehehe..don't know what to say to that http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/biggrin.gif Especially because I'm not British!

------------------
To be happy it is necessary not to be too intelligent

- Flaubert-

[This message has been edited by Dwimmerlaik (edited 11-02-2000).]