PDA

View Full Version : Quick Henry, the Flit or get out the Raid.

Forward Observer
09-28-2001, 11:17
I have encountered some strange new insects with the Warlords Edition. I am playing as Shimazu on hard from the 1870 start.

1. My army of about 1100 was attacked by a Hojo army of about 1300 in Suruga. Typical
Hojo with a lot of Ashigaru. Their taisho got out in front and got trapped. I got the message that he was killed as his army routed. My YC chased them off the field taking many heads. I wait for ememy reinforcements to show up but they never do.
Back on my side of the map the 2 or 3 units that killed the taisho are still bunched up, and there is one lone enemy HC in the middle.

His sub-title says he is running away. He won't die, and I can't get my troops to seperate. I have to wait at least 10 minutes until the timer runs out to get the victory. No reinforcements ever show.

2. I attack a rebel army in Kaga with my only heir (rank 3). The first thing that goes haywire is that my camera contol goes out and I start spinning counter-clockwise.
I can only control it by holding the right arrow key down. Even with the camera spining enough to make me dizzy, I win the battle and kill the enemy general, but afterwards my heir disappears. Upon exiting the game, restarting my PC, and then restarting the game the camera controls were restored, but I have replayed that same battle both manually and on auto resolve, and my heir still disappears each time.

Has this kind of stuff been happening to anyone else?

------------------
Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.

jomni
09-28-2001, 12:27
I also experienced the first bug that you pointed out. After killing the taisho/daimyo (erase the unit off the map), a message saying that the taisho's running away appears. But the enemy general really dies as a follow up message pops out moments later saying that the he's been killed. Not too annoying of a bug if you ask me. You still win either way.

I haven't experienced the second bug that you pointed out. Seems to me that it's either your keyboard button got stuck or there's something pressing the pan buttons.

tootee
09-28-2001, 13:05
I have encountered the second bug you mentioned in MI. I used to have that problem in STW because of faulty keyboard. But in MI I am pretty sure it's not my keyboard cos it's new. I solve that spinning by either

1. shift+directional keys (left/rite) once
2. ctrl+directional keys(left/rite) once

I have forgotten which one but it's either of these two will stop the spinning immediately. The spinning problem does not occur very frequently for my case, so far only 3 times.

Cheers!

------------------
tootee the toothless warrior
------------------

[This message has been edited by tootee (edited 09-28-2001).]

Forward Observer
09-28-2001, 13:12
S! Jomni

I'll admit that the first bug isn't a show stopper with the timer on. But because of the larger maps, and the screwy reinforcements, I have been thinking about playing with the timer off. You just need more time now to take care of enemy reinforcements that show up way back on your side of the map. Anyway, with the timer off, I would have probably had to use escape to exit that battle and I would have gotten a defeat.

On the second set of problems, I wasn't too concerned about the camera controls, although it was irritating at the time. They also used to act up occasionly in the strategy map on the old STW, but exiting the game always cured it.

What really concerns me is mysterious loss of my only heir after the battle. Now I still have a lot of provinces to conquer, and all I have left is a 65 year old childless Daimyo.

Cheers

------------------

Forward Observer
09-28-2001, 13:18
Thanks Tootee, I'll give that a try. Thinking back, I could have caused the problem myself, if hitting one of those key combinations would set it off in the first place. I was using the control key to group some of my troops, and probably moving the camera with the arrow keys at the same time.

------------------

Gothmog
09-28-2001, 22:08
I encountered your second problem as well. And gee I feel relieved knowing that I am not the only one! I still remember that horrible "pause/issue-order/resume/watching-screen-spinning-while-listening-to-the-keyboard-clicking" nightmare ...

As to your heir ... hummm, was your heir the commander of that army? If your heir was actually under the command of your daimyo, that might explain it.

Also, this might sound silly, but why do you HAVE to attack Kaga with that heir? If the game glitch causes him to disappear, simply wait a turn or two, or attack with other troops.