PDA

View Full Version : MI Questions?????????????????????

Mongo
10-02-2001, 01:35
I have heard several complaints about the MI version even after the patch. Is it worth purchasing. I enjoy multiplayer games on the old STW. Is multiplayer affected that much by the bugs in MI? Are there alot more people on the MI server? Are the problems actually minimal and they just get played up?

I would like the opinions of some more experienced people. Please let me know what you think.

Mongo

------------------
There is a time to fight and a time to retreat it is wise to know the difference.

10-02-2001, 01:55
Before the patch it was quite bad.

With the patch, and if you don't get it, you're losing something better than STW now.

What you waiting for?

Tera

------------------
Honour to Clan Torîi Aku.

Visit my resource centre here! (http://terazawa.totalwar.org)
Evil is within us... http://terazawa.totalwar.org/emo.gif

BSM_Skkzarg
10-02-2001, 02:01
Tera is dead on!
The patch makes MI/WE jump way ahead both online and in SP vs the original STW. If you don't get it - your not getting the best experience. The Multiplayer had alot of problems - but it has improved greatly since the patch. There are minor bugs but they are exactly that - MINOR!

GO GET IT!!!!
Qapla!

------------------
BSM_Skkzarg
"A mind is a terrible thing to taste."

Kraellin
10-02-2001, 02:41
before tera and bsm get too carried away.... :)

the patch does set morale back to stw mode. the reinforcements do work better for most applications (i still like the old way for koth games, but doesnt make sense now with morale like it is), but castle and river maps and even a lot of hilly maps just wont be played now cause they are just too hard to win on, particularly castle and river maps, and that was the case with stw as well. to play those maps you'll have to raise koku to very high amounts to simulate the pre-patch style and thus give yourself a chance as the attacker. the quick routing just makes those impossible to win on with 5k koku.

there are also still some balancing issues, at least some say so. guns are reported to be stronger (hadnt noticed that myself), but the cost is more now. guns still fire the same range as bows. mongol hvy cav are reported to be even stronger relative to japanese troops due to the lowered morale. those cav have a huge bonus for charging. i've also heard that korean units rout way too easily, but havent really tested that one either.

and tosa, in testing yesterday, reports that we can no longer mod stats on the fly like we could pre-patch. if they've closed this back up with the patch somehow, then we've lost some serious gain here.

units fatigue too easily. the game speed seems faster to some and managing troops is therefore more difficult. those 2 things might even be related...if the game speed is faster then it might just be that units 'appear' to fatigue faster but it's just an apparency caused by the faster speed....not sure.

all in all, it does have more of the feel of the original game with lots more toys and styles to play with. and since there is no demo to make your own evaluations from, i'd say yes, it's worth the purchase, regardless of the remaining difficulties.

it shld also be kept in mind that there is still a 'final' patch yet to be released. the current one is just beta.

K.

------------------
I'm sorry, but i never apologize.