PDA

View Full Version : stw and reinforcement unit order

bernard18
10-05-2001, 05:19
How does STW set the order of reinforcement units when you withdraw units? For example, if I wanted a YC unit to appear after withdrawing the third archer unit , is there a way to set this up? assuming of course that the YC unit is in the province. Working my way to MI. Thanx

Kiwi
10-05-2001, 06:55
Cross your fingers and pray http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

Hosakawa Tito
10-05-2001, 07:41
In the STW, if you attack with a full army(16 units)then I would suggest that the other units you move into the province as reenforcements be moved in individually in the order you want them to appear.So if you attack with a 16 unit army then move in your reenforcement Yari Cav unit first,monk unit second,etc... and when you withdraw a unit the first reenforcement should be Yari Cav,second monk,etc...If you move your reenforcements into the province in a single stack I think the highest honor unit in that stack will show up first and so on down to the lowest honor unit.
In the MI the reenforcements sometimes don't show up when you withdraw individual units *kinda sucks* some say you have to withdraw your entire army to get reenforcements,which I haven't tried yet and probably won't.

------------------
Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to hell so that they look forward to making the trip.

[This message has been edited by Hosakawa Tito (edited 10-05-2001).]