PDA

View Full Version : lib battlefield commands - How to turn the whole army?

Cheetah
08-31-2002, 00:01
Author: RangerLee
Topic: How to turn the whole army

RangerLee
Ashigaru

posted 08-08-2002 12:35 AM

I know I can target my whole army by hitting cntrl+A but how can I make the entire army turn right or left and keep in formation?

I remember hearing someone post a strategy about making an army move one direction to through off the opponent then turn your army again back the way you came.

IP: Logged

Puzz3D
Tai-Sa

posted 08-08-2002 01:29 AM

Select all the units with CTRL-A and group them with the the G key. Hold down the right mouse button and move the cursor out in the direction you want the army to face. If you want to move the army to a new location with the new facing, you can do that with ALT and left click on the map where you want the center of the army to be. No need to wait for the army to finish rotating. It will do that in transit. After giving the commands, hold the space bar down to see the final position of the army. Ungroup the units and remake your individual groups.

Terazawa Tokugawa
Daimyo (Site Admin)

posted 08-08-2002 07:51 AM

To re-group your men faster after turning the whole army you can assign number groups / pre-defined groups.

Select a group of men (eg. 4 muskets)...group them (optional but recommended) and click CTLR+SHIFT+Number

To recall a group CTRL+number

------------------
Clan Kenchikuka
evil is within us...

Vanya
Kensai

posted 08-08-2002 02:06 PM

When exiting a building in an orderly fashion in single file, the teacher's orders made them easy prey to the sniper
outside...

If you find that you must wheel your entire army and maintain a cohesive sense of self, then you have already lost.

To be great you must learn to harness chaos. An entropic strategy will invariably beat a formal orderly one any
day... assuming you know what you're doing...

Vanya's "Prongs of Chaos" attack has won him many victories, and is but one example of such an approach.