PDA

View Full Version : Hello, all... and a BN Retraining observation...

Warlokk
10-11-2001, 07:57
Hi everyone, I've been reading up here quite a bit lately, since I picked up and have become totally absorbed by the new STW:WE. Decided it was time to sign up and say hello... so, Hello!

Anyway, I wanted to point something out that some of you might not have noticed with WE... I've finally had a campaign last long enough that I've been able to get some BN and Kensai on the field, and I realized something. Although BN take 4 seasons to train, they only take 1 season to RE-train and replace losses. I got my first unit, which I used in a 3-season consecutive assault on a heavily Mori-occupied province that he just refused to give up on (time limits on). By the time it was over, my BN unit, which had managed to kill every taisho they threw at me, was battered down to a mere 4 men. I sent them back to my training facility, and popped them in for retraining, and was very surprised to see them pop right back out next season at full strength, complete with the Swordsmith bonus I had built since. I was pretty happy, to say the least.

Anyway, just wanted to pass that on... I'm really enjoying this game, although it seems to suck me into a time warp, so I never play it unless I have at least 3 hours to spare, 'cause I just can't quit!!!

Warlokk the Newbie

Swazza-kun
10-11-2001, 10:48
Hmm... I have noticed the BN and Kensai units retrain at an odd speed... then again, if u only wanted to add one guy, or upgrade them, that would only take one season, and it would be stupid to make it four seasons in all cases.

Moriboy
10-11-2001, 19:41
Heh heh! I know the feeling dudes! I once played a game on expert that I started at 9am and stopped at 3:30am! I'd nearly finished the campaign in one sitting.

Catiline
10-11-2001, 20:02
THe only problem is that you tend to reduce the units honour, as he new troops of course start with zero.

------------------
Oderint dum metuant

barocca
10-13-2001, 08:26
true,
but then that was true in real life as well,

add green troops to a veteran unit ad you reduce the overall effectiveness of that uint, until the green troops 'learn the ropes'....

------------------
DoragonBarocca of Clan Doragon (http://doragon.cjb.net)

Zone
10-14-2001, 02:22
If I remember correctly I think I had a heavy cavalry unit down to about 4 people and to retrain it took 2 seasons. It could be that I wasn't concentrating and it was only 1 but it might be that to replace most of the unit it does take longer. Please put me right if I'm making that up http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Fight first, ask questions later.

Kiwi
10-16-2001, 11:27
Zone,
I think you are wrong on this one. It only has taken one season for any upgrades for the units I have upgraded.

But this is a computer we are dealing with http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

BakaGaijin
10-16-2001, 12:51
Supposedly, as far as I know, all retraining is supposed to take one season.

------------------
Disappear into the Darkness!!

Swazza-kun
10-16-2001, 14:38
Still, if you have a unit that would train in 4 seasons normally (BN) and you want to make more, it seems a bit stupid that 12 BN take a year, and 11 take 3 months...

Nelson
10-16-2001, 20:38
I believe the retraining time is the same as the build time for non-BNs. If you use 60 man units they will be ready next turn. 120 man units won't. They take 2 turns.