PDA

View Full Version : Is it Japaneese ??

Sjakihata
10-24-2001, 23:32
When I launch the game(Full campaign and historical Campaign) it shows a movie..!! And it si is some strange words.. Like russina.. The mongol should speak it... but NOT the Japs.

-Or is I'm wrong ??

Sjak.

------------------
"-Know your self, know your enemy and your victory will be painless.
-Know the weather, know the terrain and your victory will be complete."
-Sun Tzu(Wu), The Art of War.

barocca
10-25-2001, 01:33
check options/audio - speech
is it set to english?

------------------
DoragonBarocca of Clan Doragon (http://doragon.cjb.net)

Sjakihata
10-25-2001, 03:28
No, it is set to Japaneese with English subtitles... But it is a strange language indeed!

------------------
"-Know your self, know your enemy and your victory will be painless.
-Know the weather, know the terrain and your victory will be complete."
-Sun Tzu(Wu), The Art of War.

jomni
10-26-2001, 09:49
Even when set to Japanese with English subtitiles, isn't all intro movies in English???

solypsist
10-26-2001, 13:03
for the opening movie cutscene from Ran, the music/dialogue is from the Mongol Invasion sound files, I just watched Ran on DVD and the scene sound is completely different. The opening shot of the archers aiming and firing is the Mongol voice WAV for its own archers.

Muchoman
10-26-2001, 13:42
I have posted on this topic before and as I said then, All movies are not in English which I find odd. Even the old movies from shogun Totalwar have ben changed.

dagdriver
10-26-2001, 14:28
Although I can't speak neither Japanese nor russian, I think the opening and closing (winning) movies of a campaign sounds russian http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/wink.gif
I'm playing the MI version....

jomni
10-26-2001, 14:47
The opening and closing movies of my campaigns are in english (I have Warlord Edition).

Kublai Khan talks in English and he sounds like a cave man. The movies for the Jap campaings are also spoken in bad sounding English (with japanese accent). I guess you guys have a different version of Shogun... maybe made in Russia.

solypsist
10-26-2001, 20:51
well so far every version i've seen that is store-purchased has run just great, with the movies in english. don't know what the problem is, but it would great to be able to download the "is-it-russian" version of the movies just to see

MIZILUS
10-27-2001, 01:53
Yeah I agree that "the great khans" voice actor just plain SUCKS! Whoever did it did a terrible job and it is quite disappointing. Not to mention the guy that says "the enemy is unworthy, lets use his head as a drinking cup"...that sounds sooooo stupid. The voice that is, not so much what is said.

dagdriver
10-27-2001, 19:53
Hmm, Solopsist, my version IS store-purchased (in Denmark).

It comes with an english manual, and both the english and swedish manual on a seperate cd...
Perhaps someone f***ed up when localising???
http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/wink.gif

Anssi Hakkinen
10-28-2001, 08:43
*is extremely annoyed by the realization that he has an inferior version of STW*

Damn. My movies are all spoken in this Mongolo-Russian sort of language, except for one of the mini-campaign opening movies.

Damn^2. I need to download new ones from somewhere...

Sjakihata
10-28-2001, 21:45
Dagdriver: You from Denmark too?

Cool if so.. I bought my x-pamsion pack in "electronic world". Yet I know it is russian!!

dagdriver
10-29-2001, 15:42
Sjakihata Akechi:
Ja! Fra Køge, "købte x-pakken" i HMV i Magasin Kgs Nytorv.