PDA

View Full Version : can you change the unit type of heirs?

theorist
10-29-2001, 11:43
hi. my first heir got an archer unit. can i change his unit to something else... like cavalry? can i change my own daiymo unit? thanks.

theorist
10-29-2001, 14:43
bump

ReturnOfTheJordi
10-29-2001, 18:55
No to both questions.
If you want your heir to be a specific unit then it is best to notice when he is coming of age and ensure that unit is built in the appropriate season. A quicksave before end of turn means you could retrieve the situation if a mistake is made and ensure your heir follows his father's chosen course.

Hiroshi-O'Duff
10-30-2001, 05:04
Exactly as Jordi says -- this is the one time where I allow myself a load from a saved game. Just reload it and make sure that your westernmost region builds the type of unit you want your heir to be (I like Heavy Cav or Cav Archers, since I tend to use them as generals).

Duff

SlackerXS
11-01-2001, 18:18
Quote Originally posted by ReturnOfTheJordi:
No to both questions.
If you want your heir to be a specific unit then it is best to notice when he is coming of age and ensure that unit is built in the appropriate season. A quicksave before end of turn means you could retrieve the situation if a mistake is made and ensure your heir follows his father's chosen course.[/QUOTE]

so you're saying you have to take note of when a new heir is born?... then counting that 15 yrs of age....?

------------------
SlackER ~ Extreme

barocca
11-01-2001, 18:41
just check your heirs list button
and keep track of your heirs age,

ReturnOfTheJordi
11-01-2001, 22:44
Slacker writes :- "so you're saying you have to take note of when a new heir is born?... then counting that 15 yrs of age....?"

What an appalling attitude. This is your son for goodness sake! You should take a bit of interest in him growing up, his education etc - and you can't be bothered to count 15! It's no wonder the youth of today is in crisis. :-)

BTW Barocca is quite right - just check the heirs button to see when your heir is due to come of age. Perhaps you could send him a birthday card. (Your heir not Barocca).

tootee
11-02-2001, 20:43
Quote Originally posted by ReturnOfTheJordi:
What an appalling attitude. This is your son for goodness sake! You should take a bit of interest in him growing up, his education etc - and you can't be bothered to count 15! It's no wonder the youth of today is in crisis. :-)
[/QUOTE]

LOL http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/biggrin.gif 1...2...3...4..5..6..7..8..9..arrghhh
when will this end!

Scotticus TheGreat
11-03-2001, 00:26
All you have to do is check when your son has "come of age" or whatever they say... It's not that hard, really

------------------
Life doesn't seem through bad with Led Zepplin floating through the ears