PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a battle or three

Mori Zennousha
05-16-2003, 16:01
Well, as always, i'm way late getting in on something cool... a friend just recently turned me on to STW WE/MI, and i've totally gotten into it... too bad most of the action has come and gone...
nevertheless, i would like to at least try to get some MP action going... i've seen the posts about sundays, and i'll try that... but in the meantime, if anyone out there would like to battle sometime, LMK...
i have been through a couple campaigns, and have worked a bit with some map making (have even tried my hand at an historical battle... it actually works&#33http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif... so, i'd also love to chat with any interesred parties about maps, mods, etc...
OK, well, that's my day late and a dollar short bit... hope to hear back from someone... this really is a fantastic game...

Regards,
Mori Zennousha

Gregoshi
05-16-2003, 16:59
Hello Zennousha. Better late than never as they say. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/pat.gif There is a small but loyal group of STW players still around, so pop into the foyer from time to time. As for chatting, you might try our chat feature (top left under the picture) - I think Junior Patrons have access to it. Our chat isn't used too much but you may catch a STW player in the chat room.

There is a pinned topic at the top of this forum about getting online with STW and there is some good stuff in the Sword Dojo forum. Though you can't post to the Dojo forum yet, if you need to, post it here and ask us to copy your message over there for you.

Good luck and welcome

Mori Zennousha
05-16-2003, 22:19
hello Gregoshi, and thank you for the reply... you know, it's funny, i'm always discovering things well after the rush has ended... i don't even think of myself as much of a gamer, but every once in a while something comes along that just blows my mind... STW is (by far) the best strategy game i personally have ever played... the campaign modes are fantastic, and the battles are simply stunning, right down to the remarkable landscapes that are created... and, probably the best part, it is relatively easy to modify... anyway, the point is that, once i was turned on to the game (juat a couple weeks ago), i was hooked... and still am, which is why i've joined and posted here...

so anyway, thanks again for the reply; it is encouraging to get a response in just a couple hours... aside from my interest in MP gaming, i would be interested in going over some of the software on the Org site with someone... i have d/l'ed most of them, but i'm not sure exactly what they all do or how they're supposed to work (ie: Vanya's Stat Swapper... got it installed OK, but not sure what to do with it... no readme file came with it)... so, any help along those lines would be great... like i said, i know i'm late in the game, but if anyone out there has some spare time and wants to maybe share some of thier knowledge, i'd be more than interested....

OK, 'nuff rambling... thanks,
Zennousha

Gregoshi
05-17-2003, 04:45
With the Vanya StatSwapper there should be an html file readme. Anyway, check out the Key patches for STW (http://www.totalwar.org/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=1450;hl=stat+and+swapper) topic in the Sword Dojo. There is a bit of information on the Vanya StatSwapper.

In the discussion about the 1.02 and 1.03 stats, 1.02 were the stat adjustments from the 1.02 patch for Warlords/Mongol Invasion. 1.03 was a stat set put together and tested by some of the brightest and best players in the community. Many felt the unofficial 1.03 made for more exciting battles while others opted to stick with the official 1.02 stats. This created a problem in online play as those with different stats couldn't play each other. Thus the stat swapper was born. If a 1.02 player wanted to battle a 1.03 player with 1.03 stats, he only needed to alt-tab to the statswapper, enter 1.03 for the stats to use and then alt-tab back to STW and enter the game. A very nice utility.

You should be promoted soon which will allow you to post in the Sword Dojo forum. Then you can talk to your hearts content with fellow Daimyos.