PDA

View Full Version : what the best way to use spies?

jbmagic
05-16-2003, 19:48
what is the best way to use spies?

also does spies lower an enemy, allie and nuetral providence loyality and cause a rebel fight if u put alot of spies in that providence.

i try to put like 4 spies in my allie providence and the loyality after 10 years was still at 200%, finally they got caught and kill...i was hoping it lower there loyality to start a rebels fight in there providence.

Dîn-Heru
05-16-2003, 20:31
Pre-patch spy were very effective in decreasing loyalty, but you needed 10 or so, and in a province with no border fort or watch towers. But I have read that their strength have been decreased in the patch, but they are still supposed to decrease loyalty in an enemy* province.

*a province that is not yours

Doug-Thompson
05-16-2003, 21:41
I may be a newb, but I'd rather have 10 spies in my own provinces catching enemy spies and assassins than put 10 in one underdeveloped enemy province, hoping to start a rebellion.

jbmagic
05-16-2003, 21:43
u dont need 10 spies in own providence to catch enemy spies and assasin. just make a border

The_Emperor
05-16-2003, 21:46
Quote[/b] (jbmagic @ May 16 2003,15:43)]u dont need 10 spies in own providence to catch enemy spies and assasin. just make a border
Borders may be good, but your own agents gain valor catching guys...

I liek to use assassins in my own provinces and let them gain valor that way, instead of Border Forts. That way I'll soon have my personal army of 5 star killers http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smokin.gif

Doug-Thompson
05-16-2003, 22:04
Clarification: I'd rather have 10 spies watching over 10 of my own provinces than put 10 spies into one enemy province.

I can see that my post was ambiguous. No, I've never put 10 spies in just one region. I rarely put more than one.

The_Emperor
05-16-2003, 22:09
Rebellions are too hard to spawn with spies... I once flooded a province with over 25 spies and STILL the Populace wouldn't revolt

I don't think i could have squeezed any more agents in that reigion

Too bad they nurfed spies if they did.

insolent1
05-16-2003, 23:12
since the patch spys are less effective at creating revolts in other faction held provinces. I normally use 100 spies on a general to reveal hiiden vices. He then gets some nasty vice that lowers his loyalty & troop morale . I caused a HRE civil war with that one. Since VI i use spies to end seiges especially when u can get the 2valour spies. I'd use 10 or so near teh end of teh seige.

vortex
05-17-2003, 02:23
I agree with insolent1, since the patch, it is much harder to cause rebellions with spies. You must now use more, and if you don't have lots of money, it can be a hassle.

Gregoshi
05-17-2003, 04:55
Hello and welcome vortex, he-who-agrees-with-insolent1. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif Thanks for pulling up a chair and chewing the fat with us.

GoldenKnightX2
05-17-2003, 04:57
use spies to find vices of enemy kings to lower loyalty http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif