PDA

View Full Version : What am I missing for CW?

Wenceslaus
05-21-2003, 16:17
The VI manual says I need a Swordmaker to create Celtic Warriors. There's no Swordmaker in the VI techtree. Does that mean I have to play a MTW campaign (not VI) in order to get these units?

Doesn't seem right to me, but what do I know?

Lord Of Storms
05-21-2003, 19:40
According to the manual Celtic Warriors = Trained by = Swordsmith/available to =ALL /In these Provinces = Ireland and Wales/ In Early era only. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Gregoshi
05-22-2003, 02:07
The table in the manual is referring to the MTW campaign. The PDF tech tree on the CD is for the Viking campaign.

Wenceslaus
05-22-2003, 15:00
Hmm, that's odd then, because I created a custom VI battle and it had Celtic warriors as a selection, yet you can't produce them in a VI campaign because of the tech tree.

Honi soit qui mal y pense

Jacque Schtrapp
05-22-2003, 15:28
Quote[/b] (Wenceslaus @ May 21 2003,10:17)]The VI manual says I need a Swordmaker to create Celtic Warriors. There's no Swordmaker in the VI techtree. Does that mean I have to play a MTW campaign (not VI) in order to get these units?

Doesn't seem right to me, but what do I know?
You missed Gregoshi's point. The paper manual only covers the new units that have been added to the regular MTW campaign. The Celtic warriors are locally available only in two provinces in the early era in the main MTW campaign and you do need a swordmaker which is available.

In the Vikings campaign only the Welsh and Picts (I think) can make Celtic warriors. You need to build an ale house(?) or something of that nature. The tech tree for the Vikings campaign is stored in Adobe PDF format and can be accessed through the main MTW directory.

I hope that explains how you are confusing the MTW campaign directions with the Vikings campaign tech tree.