PDA

View Full Version : MTW: Chivalric Men-At-Arms, Longbowmen and...

Longasc
05-23-2003, 15:39
Hi

I usually start playing in the Early Age.

I wondered that I could not build Longbowmen as the English.
Some people here told me that I need to reach the HIGH period to do so.

Hm, does this mean that IF I start in early Age, I will not get Longbowmen until... (insert Date, perhaps 1205???)

Or MUST I start in the High period to get them at all, or does the game allow me to build Longbowmen after a certain date when I started in the Early Age?

The same question for Chivalric Men-At-Arms. Could only build Feudal Man-At-Arms up to now.

Usually I have won the game before reaching 1205 when starting in Early Age, so I do not know. Never had Chivalrics except in Multiplayer so far... http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

dunno
05-23-2003, 15:42
Yes, high period units won't appear until high period begins...

And also, some units can become obsolete, like Varangian Guards, who can no longer be trained when you reach late period.

High begins 1205. Late begins 1321.

Lord Melvish
05-23-2003, 16:54
Or you can download Gnome-Editor and mod crusaders_unit_prod11.txt so you can have them in early

http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

The_Emperor
05-23-2003, 17:20
Quote[/b] (Lord Melvish @ May 23 2003,10:54)]Or you can download Gnome-Editor and mod crusaders_unit_prod11.txt so you can have them in early
Somehow makes it too easy... its fun to win battles with those vastly inferior armies

Also it adds into the mix the subject of what to do with your outmoded troops? Personally I send my older armies into the desert war in the middle east... Since most of the newer units in the high period are more heavily armoured (and armour sucks in the desert)

Its not much of a setback providing your patient enough to wait for them.

Lord Melvish
05-23-2003, 17:27
Quote[/b] (The_Emperor @ May 23 2003,12:20)]
Quote[/b] (Lord Melvish @ May 23 2003,10:54)]Or you can download Gnome-Editor and mod crusaders_unit_prod11.txt so you can have them in early
Somehow makes it too easy... its fun to win battles with those vastly inferior armies

Also it adds into the mix the subject of what to do with your outmoded troops? Personally I send my older armies into the desert war in the middle east... Since most of the newer units in the high period are more heavily armoured (and armour sucks in the desert)

Its not much of a setback providing your patient enough to wait for them.
Quite true. But i must add than in my mod the longbowmen can only be build in welsh and still you have to build the required guild boywer to have them. So i think it banlace it out, plus who ever own welsh distric can build them
It's quite fun to have them in my french army after having roll over the Normans and liberate Saxon and Scot form norman plage http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

ShadesWolf
05-23-2003, 18:11
Longbows will be availalbe from about 1200 onwards...