PDA

View Full Version : Bug with Quicksave - you must not...

Longasc
05-30-2003, 23:45
... quicksave after you quicksaved OR load a quicksave after you quit the game.

Example:
You save before fighting. 6 Battles, all important and lenghty...

You win the first, and then you save the Replay and perhaps you quicksave afterwards.

Good chance that your savegame is now corrupted and even that you are thrown to the desktop immediately.

Even worse: Quicksave and play some battles, then quicksave after them and quit, reload -> campaign map crashes.

It seems to happen at least VERY VERY often.

You should NOT quit the campaign, or reload another save between quicksave battles. You may only reload the Quicksave.

I have not tested this everytime, curiously I did not have noticed these problems in the Viking Campaign. But there I did not have such huge mass battles and so many a year...

-> CA should bring out a bugfix for Viking Invasion
The Quicksave feature is nice, but flawed.

It is somewhat unsatisfying to have Shogun left flawed, Medieval patched and still some annoying bugs, and now we are waiting for Rome: TW to have other bugs...?

I would like to have VI patched until it has at least major problems fixed. The 56 years problem and the Quicksave dilemma e.g.

If someone here has the E-Mail address of someone responsible at Creative Assembly, just tell me.

I think Quicksaves do not save the Campaign Map correctly and crash because of this.

Nowake
05-31-2003, 11:15
I never encountered this kind of problems, All works very nice and smoothly.

Longasc
05-31-2003, 11:59
Perhaps you should play more. Or do you want me to tell they are just an imagination?

You should have several battles per year, and a campaign with lots of units - rarely had this problem while playing the Vikings Expansion.

Nowake
05-31-2003, 12:08
Many battles lately ... hmmm ...

Five in a row in my new aragonese campaign. Indeed, few units involved. Worked very well, and I quicksaved every time because I was waiting a call. No problem. I don't say that it is your imagination, just that it works for me http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

Longasc
05-31-2003, 12:22
Then you should agree that something should be done.

That all kings die at 56 and so on, I do not know if you ever experienced a bug or noticed them at all, but they are there - and some are quite obvious.

I fear MTW will end as STW did - not completely fixed. I am not talking about the minor glitches that seem to be common nowadays.

Just submitted a mail to CA, but I am not very confident that they work on any patches for VI ever, since Rome: TW is on schedule.

Longasc
05-31-2003, 12:32
BTW, is there another way of sending a mail regarding bugs to CA other than the website-form?

Brutal DLX
05-31-2003, 21:56
MTW behaves quite differently on individual systems. Personally, I didn't have any problems with this either, and you really should take it slow. Other players do play a lot also.
In your case, I would then do a normal save before quitting or do some autocalc battles and save then. I know it's not the best solution, but unless you want to re-install the game or try a different OS then it's the only thing one can do, besides emailing the CA or activision support.

Longasc
06-01-2003, 00:06
Last turn it worked. Nice thing to cheat a sea battle... uups...

It is like Murphy said: It will not work when it can and WILL do the most damage... http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif