PDA

View Full Version : Shogun tourney Revision 1

ElmarkOFear
11-03-2000, 10:15
Ok here is the current status of the Fearful Ways tourney:

1. November 10, 2000, 8 pm. Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5.00 hours)
2. Single Elimination
3. one v. one
4. Totomi
5. "friendly" setting not "comp."
6. 5000 koku
7. limited ammo
8. fatigue
9. no timer
10. summer
11. 60-man units
12. restricted camera
13. weather (attacker's choice)
14. limit to 4 of any one troop type (Muskets and Arquebusier count as same troop type)
15. If opponents can't decide between them who will be attacker and who defender, then a coin toss will decide who gets to choose side.
16. If a player is dropped from the game at the start of the game, a rematch will be
given. (only one rematch will be given for each player who drops. If a player drops
more than one time then he will be eliminated from the tourney, not for cheating, but for a bad connection which is disrupting the tourney.)
17. If a player drops after the battle is underway or a player is accused of cheating,
and the two players cannot agree on who should get the win, Obake and myself will
'officiate' the next battle in a 2 v 2 10,000 koku game. Obake on one, side myself on
the other, with both of us choosing a monk unit which will be set in the forested back corner of each side. An unrestricted camera will be used so that Obake and myself can observe the entire battlefield to find any unusual happenings. (Remember, this is supposed to be a fun tourney. If this becomes commonplace, then the likelihood of another tourney will be diminished greatly.)
18. There will be no foul language, bad sportsmanship, cheating, or disruptive
behaviour during the tourney. (There will be many matches being played simultaneously, so everyone will have to behave themselves for the tourney to finish in a timely manner.) Any violaters will NOT be asked to play in future tourneys.
19. Signups for the tourney will be taken at the following address: el-marko@home.net. Please put your Shogun name and the title, "Shogun tourney" in the subject header of the email. Example: "ElmarkOFear - Shogun tourney". This will reserve you a space in the tourney.
20. Walk-in signups will be taken the night of the tourney in the chatroom, "Tourney
Room", before the tourney starts. All players will be required to be in the, "Tourney
Room", when initial game assignments are given. Anyone who cannot continue play,
or who is not to be found when his next match is scheduled will be given a loss, unless the tourney hosts are informed by the player that he will be back in a short time (for bathroom breaks, dinner, putting kids in bed etc.) If the current round of the tourney is finished and the player has not returned, his opponent will be given a win and the next round assignments will be given.
21. "Shogun" (Ritchie) has graciously stated that after the tournament, he will be more than happy to post the results on the Shogun Totalwar site.
22. Please visit the Fearful Ways website at www.fearfulways.webcanny.net. (http://www.fearfulways.webcanny.net.) It is in the rough stages, but a page will be dedicated to the current tourney and also future tourneys such as the 2 v 2 which will be hosted if this one is successful.
23. Obake and myself and the members of Fearful Ways are not being paid to host
this tourney, nor are we sponsored by EA or any other organization affiliated with this game. We are doing this because we enjoy the game and YOU, the players, have given us so much entertainment and pleasure in playing with you, we want to show our appreciation by hosting the first Shogun tourney.

I may have left something out, and if I did, please point it out so I can update this
post. Thanks for your input and I hope to see all of you November 10th.

Take care honorable warriors,

Elmarko of Fearful Ways.
PS. Please forgive me for this horribly-long post, I am normally not so long winded. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by ElmarkOFear (edited 11-03-2000).]

[This message has been edited by ElmarkOFear (edited 11-03-2000).]

Widda
11-03-2000, 12:08
Does that make it rev 1.1. :lol

Widda.

Kurando
11-03-2000, 12:51
Posts of this nature should definitely be moved to Clan/Clan Recruitment/Tournament Forum. (It needs the action, anyway). http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

Good luck with your project ElmarkOFear

Obake
11-03-2000, 22:02
Sorry guys but Kurando is right. I'm moving the live topic to the Clan recruitment/tournament forum. It will still be available here in a read-only format. Any comments you want to add must be done in the other forum

Obake