PDA

View Full Version : CA please DONT avoid this thread

RTKLamorak
06-11-2003, 22:04
.. the sadness that I, and a large amount of our mp community feels at this time. this is a post i made in another thread, but felt that it was so well written for my standard http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/dizzy.gif , and so true to the point that i would post the edited version clear to see

Mith i dont think his problem is with the gameplay.. or balance. I too really like the feel of VI, and find it much more fun that MTW. However.. the crash bugs, the constant dropping, the split community (split servers) , and the ever apparent suffocation of VI is what i, and think paul is dissapointed with. With regular MP support/patches, and ONE server to play MTW and VI interchangably online play would be in full swing, and active as hell it is now however a slowly declining group of disgruntled vets.. annoyed with so many bugs, and the now dull/lifeless foyer. also.... because of CA.... the new aggrevation of, excuse the phrase "noob quitters" who, because of this ridiculous crash bug on quitting seriously kill the experience even further. i dislike even more spending up to an hour to get a 4v4 game hosted, everyone finally sees it, people join, wait for all the drops from screen, ppl quitting e.t.c only to start the game and drop.. or worse start playing and someone quits ands ruins the game totally. An odd occurance is managable, and inevitable in any online game, but 1.. sometimes 2 games for every 3 hosted are NOT finished for one lame reason or another It is unacceptable... even mooOOoore unacceptable is that it is NOT CA's priority to fix these major, major problems.
i have also moved to another game as the "basis" of my gaming lifestyle (has been totalwar since i first found MI about a year and a half ago) because, although i love the game in itself the satisfaction from those few games actually finished in a night of playing isnt proportional to the time spent wading thru the endless flow of timewasting bugs, crashes, quits leading to crashes and the other smaller bugs im not even going to list now. not especially relevant is the game i play now, Wolfenstein enemy territory (4th most played online game at the moment) was FREE to download lol, yes totally FREE patches are free, the whole experience is free, and more importantly well designed, well supported, and so bug-less it is a sheer joy to waste nights away on. The team who developed it is small, but they made it because they wanted to make a truely kick ass game not for money (obviously), not for Activison, or any other companies pockets.. they made their game for the RIGHT reason, in my opinion anyway.

I may be "over-whining" here, and i, as most do still love the "Concept" of totalwar but i am plain sick of seeing this truely amazing game destroyed with nothing but a clear lack of support. It is all to obvious CA simply doesnt care about the multiplayer community here. From where i see it i am almost starting to think they are happy to kill it, we are such a small percentage of players doing 95% of the whining, it is probably beneficial that this community slowly fades away.. something this "business attitude" will benefit greatly from.

i still love totalwar to death and, like paul come on to meet the great friends i have made over over the last 18 months.. it truely saddens me to see my best game ever destroyed over such a cold, yet sadly common motivation as money (this last bit is more pesonal to me.. i do not speak for the community as a whole)

Gah http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif

Skomatth
06-11-2003, 22:13
try posting at the .com about the lack of mp support, you might be heard there.

DthB4Dishonor
06-11-2003, 22:40
Possibly with .com's focus on the sp aspect. The .com patrons seem more content and more complacent with what ever CA does. However the fact is that our mp voice does not really count when it comes to there bottom line as we are a small percentage of there sales.

1dread1lahll
06-12-2003, 01:39
I argee, great game needs some fixes..