PDA

View Full Version : I saw Caeser today an TNT

MiniKiller
06-30-2003, 02:40
I just saw the first part of Caeser today on TNT. I love watching movies like this, Helen of Troy on TNT awhile back was also a really good movie. The battle scene was very cool, not A+ obviously but great for a tv movie. This only excits me to the point that I am already playing RTW...in my head http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif, ot I'll look of in the distance and swear I could see thousands of Romans. Man I hope this is good.

Cobra
06-30-2003, 03:45
I watched a documentary on the battle with the 300 spartans, but I can't spell the place.

It only makes waiting harder.

Hakonarson
06-30-2003, 04:38
Thermopylae - and it happened over 200 years before RTW's period of history even starts

Emp. Conralius
06-30-2003, 16:24
I saw Caesar as well. A good film. Few movies ever spn Caesar's early career. Although, Christopher Walken is a questionable casting choice to portray Cato.

I also saw documentary on the Spartans. I believe it was called Gates of Fire.

Cobra
07-01-2003, 02:04
Quote[/b] ]Thermopylae - and it happened over 200 years before RTW's period of history even starts
It still had the Hoplites, and thats what got me excited.

My cousin has the book Gates of Fire at her house, I think it her husbands though.

MiniKiller
07-01-2003, 02:41
Damn you Brutus...I mean I caan see why he did it.

What I dont get is, why did Pompe (spl) want to get ride of Caeser? Was he not unlike himself years before when he conquered territories?

Its to bad Caeser couldnt protect himself...