PDA

View Full Version : Urban Amphitheatre

Aide de camp
07-09-2003, 18:15
A new description from totalwar.com:

Quote[/b] ]Urban Amphitheatre

The Games in this amphitheatre can be quite elaborate, and just having such a venue shows that this town is part of the Roman world. This amphitheatre is built in the larger cities controlled by Rome. These large arenas hold a sizeable number of spectators, and the local people can gather to watch a truly awesome spectacle and witness acts of bravery and virtue by gladiators - because if mere gladiators can be brave, how much braver are true Romans? In this way, the Games become part of the social glue of being Roman. Amphitheatres are also the scene of "votive games", held specifically to please and thank the Gods when danger threatens. In typical Roman fashion, however, the expensive Votive Games are often not held until after the Gods have really done their bit and actually helped in a crisis Urban Amphitheatres often lead to the establishment of Gladiator Barracks where training for the Games takes place.

http://pub133.ezboard.com/fshogun....1.topic (http://pub133.ezboard.com/fshoguntotalwarfrm7.showMessage?topicID=921.topic)

Big King Sanctaphrax
07-09-2003, 18:36
Great. This probably allows you to train that gladiator unit on the .com. I wonder if it can be upgraded to colloseum status?

Aide de camp
07-09-2003, 18:52
Probably the Colliseum will be a wonder. Perhaps you will be able to build only one Colliseum, like some buildings in MTW.

Leet Eriksson
07-10-2003, 00:27
hmm i suppose it could improve the gladiator units?

RisingSun
07-10-2003, 04:01
Hmmm it says it often leads to establishment of another building... DOES THIS MEAN THAT TOWNS WILL MAKE BUILINGS THEMSELVES UNDER CERTAIN CRITERIA? Or is this just a reference to the governor functionality?

deejayvee
07-10-2003, 07:07
I think it just means that the Urban Ampitheatre is a prerequisite for building a Gladiator Barracks.

And I don't think the Gladiator Barracks will improve gladiator units, I think it will allow you to build gladiator units. It would also probably increase the effect of the Urban Ampitheatre because you can provide gladiatorial combat as entertainment.