PDA

View Full Version : Sound!

Nikitas
08-29-2003, 06:45
First let me start by saying I think RTW will be amazing(from what I can tell so far), and I have no real complaints as long as gameplay and the AI turn out fine. But I would like to post a reminder for all those interested.

Sound is just as important as graphics RTW needs to have battle music as exciting as MTW, hopefully a little longer, but also sounds of combat. Officers yelling orders, swords clasing against shields, etc.

I know that they are in the current movies, and its fine in there, but the movies may not reflect the actual game play.

So, in conclusion, follow the example of MTW but step it up a few notches.

some_totalwar_dude
08-29-2003, 15:59
They,ve recorded over 400 voice overs for on the battle field. So the officers shouting order might be in.
Also the music in the trailers sounds very good IMO.

Maby we could ask CA to send us some mp3 files instead of pics and video.
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

Vanya
08-29-2003, 16:54
GAH

Though Vanya has no ears, for they are on His missing head... Vanya speculates that RTW music will feature rythms and sounds of Ricky Martin and Justin Timberlake. Vanya thinks that CA thinks their "latin/urban" tendencies equate to those of the Romans. Furthermore, Vanya thinkgs that Timberlake, especially, would have been welcomed in Roman parties and swoirees given his "high" voice and... Hmmm... on second thought, maybe he would be welcomed better in Greece?

Vanya sez... Emperor Nero definitely "lived la vida loca"...

Vanya ponders if there is an ancestral connection between Emperor Nero and Robert de Niro. Vanya knows the emperor of olde would actually say de Niro's "Hey You talkin' to me?" line to senators when they addressed him... using same facial expressions and enunciations. (Vanya witnessed it on occasion, so take His word for it.)

GAH

BDC
09-01-2003, 14:34
Quote[/b] (Vanya @ Aug. 29 2003,16:54)]GAH

Though Vanya has no ears, for they are on His missing head... Vanya speculates that RTW music will feature rythms and sounds of Ricky Martin and Justin Timberlake. Vanya thinks that CA thinks their "latin/urban" tendencies equate to those of the Romans. Furthermore, Vanya thinkgs that Timberlake, especially, would have been welcomed in Roman parties and swoirees given his "high" voice and... Hmmm... on second thought, maybe he would be welcomed better in Greece?

Vanya sez... Emperor Nero definitely "lived la vida loca"...

Vanya ponders if there is an ancestral connection between Emperor Nero and Robert de Niro. Vanya knows the emperor of olde would actually say de Niro's "Hey You talkin' to me?" line to senators when they addressed him... using same facial expressions and enunciations. (Vanya witnessed it on occasion, so take His word for it.)

GAH
Well I'm not surprised about Justin but de Niro... Wow. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/shock.gif