PDA

View Full Version : I have downloaded a mod...now what?

Bots
10-11-2003, 17:07
Hi I have just downlaoded Napoleonic MW from the internet - screen shots look create -what do I do next though?

I am not a big techie - does some one know what the steps are? can they explain them to me?

(1) Where do I put the files I downloaded? in with viking / medieval was?

(2) Which disk do I put in VMW or the one napoleonic war was burned onto?

Be grateful if someone could help, which I am sure to some of you is a trivial matter but to me is very frustrating

Cheers

Marshal Murat
10-11-2003, 18:24
Well you should be able to download the mod from the saved file, or opened one, and it auto downloads into the MTW files.

Bots
10-11-2003, 23:06
Thanks but I am not sure that answers my question. I downlaod from the napoleonic mod site in total war.

It was 44 mb, took ages but there is no launch / exec. file.

I have placed it in the medieval war files but nothing.

I am sure for some one this is a no brainer but please just help me out

Marshal Murat
10-11-2003, 23:26
ok, you should place the files in My Documents for instance. Use Winzip or such, extract to the My Documents, and open, there should be a readme and a download icon, click and download. Also what version do you have, for the New Mods need the VI and 1.01 and such,if you have VI, but for basic MTW use the ones in the files and folders in the download section area here.

Bots
10-12-2003, 01:05
Thanks I have donloaded the patches for MW & VI

Downloaded NTW again but there is no icon to launch game.

(1) Does downlaod have to be in safe folder as VI?
(2) Do I need VI CD in or CD I burned NTW onto (aswell as downloading it)?

Sorry but IT is not my strong point.

Thanks

Marshal Murat
10-12-2003, 01:15
No you do not need to burn, I guess i'll ask LoS or LK

Lord Of Storms
10-12-2003, 02:50
Quote[/b] (Bots @ Oct. 11 2003,19:05)]Thanks I have donloaded the patches for MW & VI

Downloaded NTW again but there is no icon to launch game.

(1) Does downlaod have to be in safe folder as VI?
(2) Do I need VI CD in or CD I burned NTW onto (aswell as downloading it)?

Sorry but IT is not my strong point.

Thanks
I dont understand when you open the downloaded file there is an icon next to the read me you simply click this icon and it should auot extract if your VI game is installed correctly if not you can simply open it to a dummy folder the copy the contents to your main MTW directory and say yes to overwrite all. that should do it...LOS

ChErNoByl
10-12-2003, 03:00
euh, while we're talking about NTW let me ask you a question..

Have you done anything with formations yet? I am annoyed of having to put my guys into rows of 2 by hand' it takes forever.

Gregoshi
10-12-2003, 07:27
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif Welcome to the Org Bots. As was said by others, read the readme file. That should have the information you need. If not, post back with the parts you don't understand and we'll do our best to help you.

Marshal Murat
10-12-2003, 15:27
Also about the formation data, I loosely tested it, to make the lines two ranks deep, and sometimes, it works but not always.