PDA

View Full Version : Crusades stealing my peepz?

Major^3
11-08-2003, 20:12
Just a quick Q:
Do crusades recruit soldiers from the provinces they are in? For example, if a crusade passes through an area i controll will my soldiers then split and join the crusade?
I ask cuz when a crusade is present i notice some of my unit size drop in numbers.

The_Emperor
11-08-2003, 20:17
yep they do, when a Crusade passes through they will strip your armies of men.

The Higher the Zeal of the province, the more men you lose.

Whenever you see a Crusade on its way, move your armies out of its path. otherwise you may have to refuse passage and then you have a fight on your hands.

Quokka
11-08-2003, 20:41
Quote[/b] (The_Emperor @ Nov. 09 2003,02:17)]yep they do, when a Crusade passes through they will strip your armies of men.

The Higher the Zeal of the province, the more men you lose.

Whenever you see a Crusade on its way, move your armies out of its path. otherwise you may have to refuse passage and then you have a fight on your hands.
And excommunication if you are Catholic.

It can be a real pain to try and guess where the AI will send its Crusade next turn and to move the right troops out of the way without stripping your borders bare.

And don't forget if the Zeal is low they desert the Crusade. Done badly a Crusade can in effect disband many of your units.

Gregoshi
11-11-2003, 05:45
Hello Major^3. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif Thanks so much for joining us here at the Org. Please feel free to participate in any of the topics here in the Entrance Hall.