PDA

View Full Version : How to make the Napolionic Mod work?

ezer
11-14-2003, 13:24
Installed the Napolionic mod latest version on Viking Invasion etc and it won't work. It just loads into the normal Medieval/Viking standard game without any new modifications.
Does anyone else know any tricks to getting the mod to work?
I basically installed the exe file straight in the MTW directory and went to play via the normal MTW icon. But it just plays the normal game, not the mod...
Any ideas anyone?
Thanks

Marshal Murat
11-14-2003, 13:47
Well, your supposed to have version 1.00 and 1.03 for 10.7 to work. Usually just unzip the folder and there is an insall icon, just click and download. If you like to extract then extract it outside the folder.

Lord Of Storms
11-14-2003, 14:42
If you have the full 44meg version of B1.03 you do not need version 1.00 only the b1.07 update, when you extract it check your main directory to be sure the folders install ok, of not copy them into the main MTW directory, then when you start the game , go to the period select screen BE SURE TO SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST OF CHOICES, you should see Nap Beta 1.03 or 7 if install went ok...LOS

Antalis::
11-15-2003, 18:31
Zitat[/b] (ezer @ Nov. 14 2003,06:24)]Installed the Napolionic mod latest version on Viking Invasion etc and it won't work. It just loads into the normal Medieval/Viking standard game without any new modifications.
Does anyone else know any tricks to getting the mod to work?
I basically installed the exe file straight in the MTW directory and went to play via the normal MTW icon. But it just plays the normal game, not the mod...
Any ideas anyone?
Thanks
I guess you don´t have an english version of MTW:
Read what I´ve wrote in an other thread:

One important point for all of you who don´t have an english version of MTW: To use this mod (and every mod) you have to copy all files that are inside the Loc/Eng folder, which you´ll get when you unzipp a mod, into your language folder: So for the german version of MTW, copy all files of the Eng folder into your German folder (into Loc/German).
Same for other language versions.

Jacque Schtrapp
11-15-2003, 20:01
Quote[/b] (Antalis:: @ Nov. 15 2003,11:31)]I guess you don´t have an english version of MTW:
Read what I´ve wrote in an other thread:

One important point for all of you who don´t have an english version of MTW: To use this mod (and every mod) you have to copy all files that are inside the Loc/Eng folder, which you´ll get when you unzipp a mod, into your language folder: So for the german version of MTW, copy all files of the Eng folder into your German folder (into Loc/German).
Same for other language versions.
Ah ha Very good. I've seen several people having a similar problem. It's good to know someone has figured out what to do to fix it. Good work Antalis http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Antalis::
11-15-2003, 21:27
You also have to recognice:

When you choose the MTW main directory as the destination folder of the Napoleon-mod-installation, you get an folder with the name Medieval-TotalWar in the MTW-main directory with all NapoleonTW files in it.
Put all files inside of this new folder into the MTW main directory.
This tip is very simple, but if you don´t do this and have choosen the false destination for installing the mod, it won´t work.